just me complaining - Pontiac GTO Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-20-2006, 05:29 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
just me complaining

Ya know it's crazy, I worked for the same company sience '98. And every time we start negations on the union contract they swear up and down there going to close the doors if we don't settle on just a few cents on the hour. Well this time they offered a hole $1.60 over the next 3 years thatís .53 cents more an hour every year for the next 3 years not only that, but we deal in a lot of government service contracts which we are misclassified to begin with it's just crazy when all they have to do is give us the right classification and the pay rate to go with it. But I have had it if there going to close the doors on it, I say go ahead I know it's going to hurt them more than me!!! I know this has nothing to do with anything on this site but **** it's aggravating!

"Sheila" 1/322
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-20-2006, 05:39 PM

That sucks. That raise isn't squat. I hope you feel better being able to vent on the forum though. Hang in there. and have a couple
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-20-2006, 05:47 PM Thread Starter

I'm so DAM* tore up I posted it in the wrong one, I meant to post in the Lounge. (sorry)

"Sheila" 1/322
post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-20-2006, 05:54 PM
Administrator

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO_400
I'm so DAM* tore up I posted it in the wrong one, I meant to post in the Lounge. (sorry)
Not a problem, hope things work out for you,

Randy

post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-20-2006, 05:55 PM

Have a drink on me too hon...
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-21-2006, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO_400
Ya know it's crazy, I worked for the same company sience '98. And every time we start negations on the union contract they swear up and down there going to close the doors if we don't settle on just a few cents on the hour. Well this time they offered a hole $1.60 over the next 3 years thatís .53 cents more an hour every year for the next 3 years not only that, but we deal in a lot of government service contracts which we are misclassified to begin with it's just crazy when all they have to do is give us the right classification and the pay rate to go with it. But I have had it if there going to close the doors on it, I say go ahead I know it's going to hurt them more than me!!! I know this has nothing to do with anything on this site but **** it's aggravating!
Can anyone say, "Thank you, Global Economy!"
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-23-2006, 07:15 PM Thread Starter

Why I'm Complaining

Well I started at this place in '98 at this time the Co. was going down hill FAST about a year later we filed for chapter 11.. not surprising to anyone, during this time they could not afford to pay us a full payday so we all agreed to accept half of our full pay more than once mind you to keep the company afloat. They paid us with checks that bounced time after time even paid us and said "don't cash this till Wed. of next week cause we don't have the money in the bank yet" So of course I get FAR behind in bills and the one that really got me "Were sorry we cannot afford any raise this year were still in Bankruptcy" so again we signed a shi** contract to keep us going, but I swear the very next day they called a big meeting and told us all "We are out of bankruptcy and things are looking good!" and now 8 years later the company is doing real good sales are through the roof contracts are rolling in one right after another. Just last year I worked 7 days week for 3 months making killer overtime and now they offer .53 cents a year or $1.60 for the next 3 years with no increase in benefits "or were going to have to shut the doors" after all we done for the company this is what we get! By all means shut the doors I just don't care no more! I can't wait till this weekend I will have a couple and just forget about it

"Sheila" 1/322
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-23-2006, 09:22 PM

You know, if everything went as you describe, they certainly seem to have taken advantage of people that just wanted a job, and it also seems like you have worked to make your company successful.

The company has burned up any good faith it has with the employees. I have no idea what you or your company produces, but I hate to hear about things like this.

Good luck.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-25-2006, 07:16 PM

I feel your pain. My union just sandbagged a change in our salary that would have shortened my retirement and upped my pay and benefits. They felt that they would lose too much conrol so they refused to sign off on it.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-25-2006, 07:46 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by noz34me
You know, if everything went as you describe, they certainly seem to have taken advantage of people that just wanted a job, and it also seems like you have worked to make your company successful.

The company has burned up any good faith it has with the employees. I have no idea what you or your company produces, but I hate to hear about things like this.

Good luck.
I am a 50 caliber production machine operator for www.talonammo.com
I produce all kinds of 50 cal ammo from Ball "FMJ" to some wicked Spotter Tracer, Match "Sniper", Incendiary, Armor Piercing Incendiary "API", Armor Piercing Incendiary Tracer "APIT" & Tracer. I really like this company it's close to home and the pay/Benefits isn't too bad but could be better. The only other option is the coal mines which here in WV hasnít had a good record this year so far but I guess ya gotta do what ya gotta do.

"Sheila" 1/322
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > Off Topic Discussions > The Lounge

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in