Learned a lesson on Posting - Pontiac GTO Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-23-2009, 05:16 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Learned a lesson on Posting

As my post regarding the Camaro exhaust was moved as per suggestion from a member...not a moderator, and I find my other post, Bored of this site" here on the Lounge, I wonder if the post should just be erased. Essentially, its the same because the post will die prematurely.

If most are like me, my time on the computer is very limited, I have 4 children that even with laptops, still need the big daddy of computers. I also teach in the Bronx NY which I can tell you is very hands on. Not much time for computers there.
My point is this. I click on active topics that bring up the new posts. There, I can quickly see todays news on Pontiac and the GTO. Its simple, quick and works...until a post is moved, then it dies.
Thats all.
Solve this: Take out the "general discussion" category then we will have search and hopefully find that right category that suits the moderators.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-23-2009, 05:55 AM
Super Moderator

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Garage
Rasp: The Categories are set up fine.

You posted an AUDIO clip of a Camaro Exhaust in the 2004-2006 GTO section. If you notice there is a category labled AUDIO AND VIDEO CLIPS. This is the proper place for this not in the general 04-06 GTO discussion.

You also posted Bored with this Site. You threaded it in the 2004-2006 GTO section. This had NO bearing on discussions with the 2004-2006 GTO it had to do with your personal issue. The Lounge is the proper place for that post.

I moved both.

President: GTO Association of America
www.gtoaa.org

post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-23-2009, 05:59 AM
Super Moderator

Location: Where the women are scarce and the sheep are scared. So. Cali
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO JUDGE View Post
Rasp: The Categories are set up fine.

You posted an AUDIO clip of a Camaro Exhaust in the 2004-2006 GTO section. If you notice there is a category labled AUDIO AND VIDEO CLIPS. This is the proper place for this not in the general 04-06 GTO discussion.

You also posted Bored with this Site. You threaded it in the 2004-2006 GTO section. This had NO bearing on discussions with the 2004-2006 GTO it had to do with your personal issue. The Lounge is the proper place for that post.

I moved both.

~I'm ya huckleberry~
~516rwhp/500rwtq~

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yC11NCGTEvI
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-23-2009, 03:30 PM Thread Starter

When you log onto "Forum", 2004-2006 GTO General Discussion is Smack on top. Since my discussion was about this site, that's where I put it. I do not see a "forum Discussion" section listed there. That is regarding the"bored of this site" post.
My bad for not knowing about the audio/video section but as I said before, I go right to the "Active Topics section to get peoples recent discussions. I have opened many utube videos there.

The moderators, including yourself know the workings of this site better than most. I would be included in the "most" group of course.

I believe the site organization can be improved. You say its fine. If you have to move threads each day, then that implies the users are not following the posting indexes. I would be also included in that group.
Make things easier not harder for us users or just keep moving posts.

Because reading written word can be sometimes misinterpreted, I want you to know Judge, that nothing is written in anger. This is only my opinion after using this site for a little while.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-23-2009, 03:56 PM
Super Moderator

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Garage
No anger taken. Sometimes people post in the wrong sections not knowing. We just simply move. The biggest violators are people posting FOR SALE items without first reading the rules governing it. Most register on the site then post a for sale item then leave.

President: GTO Association of America
www.gtoaa.org

post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-23-2009, 04:51 PM
Former Super Moderator

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
rasp, back up a bit from the 04-06 GTO'S forums and make the main forums page saved as your favorites, you're missing alot of the forums limiting yourself to those sections only. Just my $0.02.
Pontiac GTO Forum | GTO Pictures | GTO Photos
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-23-2009, 06:57 PM Thread Starter

Ok Rukee and thank you Judge.

This is the homepage I am using
https://www.gtoforum.com/index.php

But I will try your suggestion.

Thanks
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-23-2009, 10:59 PM

I can't seem to recall ever having a thread moved. I use a simple rule of thumb. When in doubt post in the lounge. That's where general non GTO related items belong.

I'm guessing I'm posting correct since one hasn't been moved, but if I'm wrong let me know.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > Off Topic Discussions > The Lounge

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in