learning experience - Pontiac GTO Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 02-20-2007, 04:21 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
learning experience

ok i know i will get some ridicule here but that's fine. today i had my first experience in an f-body and also my first experience in a vette. the f-body was a 2002 ws6 with the automatic. i never really followed these cars much but i was once told they were a force to reckon with. well honestly the car didn't do much to tickle my fancy and it has seriously eliminated any desire for an f-body. maybe it's the car i drive now that put me wanting a certain performance level. anyway on to the vette. it was an 04 vette with the 6 sp man, heads up and all that stuff. z51 suspension also. anyway after the test drive i must say i never knew vettes were that loud and obnoxious. i have driven fully gutted race cars that had better sound to them than the vette although the sound was similar. now on to the more important things. visibility in both cars were similar. seat space in the ws6 sucked. literally. i'm not too big of a fellow but i did feel like a bear on a tricycle.. seat space on the vette was nice even trunk space was larger than what i am currently accustomed to. heads-up display for me was sorta hard to "focus" in on while driving. i'd been more at home looking at the cluster. the seats of the two felt the same. they felt like seats from a 71 chevy nova with power attachments. they really did make me say "wow my seats are seriously comfortable". i still want a vette though yet not one that is that noisy from the transmission/axle combo. if i had to pick between the two for the lsser of two evils i would have picked the vette although today's test drive has proven to me i am glad i didn't get either and got a freaking goat instead. gas oil and tires
*update: i test drove a GC srt-8 today. an 06 model. i must say i can't live with a slushbox anymore. in auto mode it felt fairly responsive but in stick mode it felt very sluggish. the gc had a sway-ey feel to me and i didn't like the seats. not very comfy. i couldn't really see where 40k for a used srt-8 would be worth the money plus i think i read recently that DCX doesn't want these to be modified. thanks but i'll spend my money on something i can "personalize"

Last edited by koman; 02-21-2007 at 12:46 PM. Reason: added update
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > Off Topic Discussions > The Lounge

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in