Let's Lower Gas Prices... Me and You... - Pontiac GTO Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 61 (permalink) Old 04-22-2006, 09:10 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Let's Lower Gas Prices... Me and You...

In reference to gas, I hope it goes to $10.00 dollar's a gallon. Why ? SO everyone will have to quit driving and we can then all ride Huffy's and stick it to the Gas Company's like we should do now. Want to lower gas price's ? Don't buy from Exxon or Mobile and reduce your monthly driving by 3 percent. If we the United States of America would/could do this for just 1 month. Gas prices would drop to a $1 a gallon. It would take us all, not just a couple thousand, but everyone that own's or operates a vehicle. I heard the other day that the average cost to fill up a big rig was around $650.00... Just my .02. If you agree pass it on.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 61 (permalink) Old 04-22-2006, 10:16 AM

I'm thinking slave revolt. We overthrow the landed aristocracy (Politicians & CEO's) and replace their priests (Media Execs) with the Consumer Reports Television Network. One channel, no advertising, just pure truth from people with no personality. Then we open the gates of the royal treasury (refineries) and the slaves/peasants can take all they want.

Phase II - we finish what the crusaders started.

Phase III - I am crowned.....er make that elected Emperor....no,no,no, Chief, I mean Benevolent Dictator, no, that's not it, I mean, oh crap, I wanna be Pharoah.

Last edited by Wing_Nut; 04-22-2006 at 10:20 AM.
post #3 of 61 (permalink) Old 04-22-2006, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon 32
In reference to gas, I hope it goes to $10.00 dollar's a gallon.
What I can't seem to understand is they get so much from a barrel of oil so why put all the cost on gas? the last I checked the price of a quart of oil was the same as it was last year! And the sad thing is, it isn't the middle east that is sticking it to us, it's our own refineries they look for any reason to raise the price like hurricains and now I guess it's the tornados they will blame the higher price on. Anyway here in So.WV it just hit 2.99~3.09~3.17 a gallon On a happier note I found out that Mustang stands for Mostly Underpowered So This Aint No Gto "Aint"

"Sheila" 1/322
post #4 of 61 (permalink) Old 04-22-2006, 10:25 AM

Realy wanna know who to bitch at? How about the taxes implied on each gallon of gas by the Federal Government? When ever gas prices get high all you hear is politicions saying Bush needs to tell his "oil buddies" to lower gas prices. These are the same elected officials that voted gas tax increaces in the first place.
post #5 of 61 (permalink) Old 04-22-2006, 04:59 PM

What?

I don't think it's fix anything, but paying $47 to fill my tank makes me cranky and get the overwhelming urge to bomb the crap out of some Sons of Mohammed.
post #6 of 61 (permalink) Old 04-22-2006, 08:20 PM

My last two gas fillups were on Exxon.

I couldnt help it.....it was too convenient!!
And I just dont feel right about pulling my new car that the dealer just got $30,000 for up to some local "Bob's Gas" with the tent over the pumps lol.
It's perception, but I cannot control it.
post #7 of 61 (permalink) Old 04-22-2006, 08:45 PM

Gas is like toilet paper. Whatever price it is, people are going to buy it, and getting inventive with a replacement isn't practicle.
post #8 of 61 (permalink) Old 04-22-2006, 08:52 PM Thread Starter

Oh yeah ! If toilet paper gets to high, my hands can be washed..... I know it's gross, but when someone is trying to compare Apple's to Orange's that's the reply they get.....
post #9 of 61 (permalink) Old 04-22-2006, 09:18 PM

I have lived in Italy for about the past 3 years. Gas prices in Europe are very stable. When I left in December 2005, premium unleaded was about 1.20 Euro per liter. If you do the math with an exchange rate of 1.2 dollars to the Euro, that works out to about $5.44 per gallon. So to fill up the goat in Italy would be about $98!

Yikes!

We have got it made here in the USA!!!
post #10 of 61 (permalink) Old 04-22-2006, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bergenfelter
I have lived in Italy for about the past 3 years. Gas prices in Europe are very stable. When I left in December 2005, premium unleaded was about 1.20 Euro per liter. If you do the math with an exchange rate of 1.2 dollars to the Euro, that works out to about $5.44 per gallon. So to fill up the goat in Italy would be about $98!

Yikes!

We have got it made here in the USA!!!
Every time that I go to fill up, and start to mentally groan about the price, I try to make myself feel better by either imagining what it costs for those with large pickups/SUVs, or those in Europe. :/ Still, that doesn't cover the point that gas prices are getting out of hand.

At least in some European countries, from what people who live/have lived there have told me, government taxes make up the largest bulk of the gas price--much more than what we get hit with here.

I feel sorry for people who live in rural areas of some European countries that have the high gas prices. They get prices 2x as bad as we do here, and, since they are in a rural region, there is little to no public transportation.

06 IBM/blue M6 18"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > Off Topic Discussions > The Lounge

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in