User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-28-2016, 12:15 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Lifts for your garage

Hi all,

I'm looking for a "lift" for my garage, I'm past using jack stands and jacks to get my cars in the air.

I am very limited in my choices because of my setup (beam down the center of the garage, sloped floor, low ceiling) but I've found a few that might work well enough to get me more comfortable under my cars. I can't use anything like MaxJack or other "post based lifts" as my garage is sloped toward a drain and I can not vouch for the integrity of the floor - as a matter of act I suspect it is not to code like the rest of my "model" home when it was build in '74. I'm fairly certain I need something like the ones below.

I'm considering the Ranger (QuickJack) Bl5000 (https://www.quickjack.com/car-lift-s...-car-lift.html), KwikKift (KWIKLIFT - The perfect carlift for your home garage or commercial shop) or EZ Car Lift (EZ CAR LIFT - FREE-STANDING USE-ANYWHERE CAR LIFT! FAST. SAFE. STRONG.EASY.).

All of them have their upsides, get it, and cons. I'm not thrilled with messing with hydraulics but would if it was the best of the options. Portability is nice and not having to deal with power needs is nice... I'm trying to max out the height obtained (KwikLift is highest of the three).... they are also close in price, obviously someone did research and $1400 must have been a price point popular with us home car guys.

Anyone use any of these or have another suggestion?

Thanks in advance for any and all input, it's greatly appreciated.

Dan

*67K miles... Under Construction* :)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-28-2016, 03:09 PM
Former Super Moderator

Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Looks like the second one won't let you take the wheels off.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-28-2016, 05:49 PM

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 121 Post(s)
Dan, how much ceiling height do you have? The floor issue can be remedied, if the slope is not extreme. Have used a concrete saw, busted out the floor, and installed piers before, then concrete finished.

From being around them, there is not an lot one can accomplish with the belly lifts. One of my friends has two belly lifts in the back of his large detail shop (6,000 sq ft steel building). His help like the belly lifts as they can get a direct line of sight on the lower quarter panels, rockers, fenders. Besides cleaning, touch up painting, & buffing, they occasionally install a plastic film that acts as a paint protection feature. Have another friend who bought a barely used $1500 (retail) belly lift, and had it in his garage for less than a year, it wasn't of much help in the build of his '69 Camaro. He ended up selling the belly lift ion Craigslist, then with the help of his brother-in-law, opened up & sheetrocked a 8 x 12 foot recess in the ceiling of his 3 car garage. The slot is well behind the space his garage door takes up. His ceiling height was 9'4", but with a 4 corner drive on lift, he needed 10'6". The framing for this mod was fairly straight forward, I got up above the garage in the attic and looked at the framing for myself, as I really needed a lift in the garage at the old place & was in the same predicament, not enough ceiling height. After decades of living in our old home, leasing warehouse space, we instead, moved out a ways, into the "Woods" and am putting up a steel building in the back to store & work on the Pontiacs. Hope this helps. Dropping you a PM on the WP.
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-05-2016, 09:15 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Lifts for your garage

I just got a Quickjack. Check the picture. Works with quick connect hydraulics (ATF) and completely portable. Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1470446134.153033.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	103.3 KB
ID:	79610
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-09-2016, 08:59 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Lifts for your garage

I got the BL-7000, which is a new 7k pound jack. Price included the SUV kit and was the same price as the 5000 with the kit. Had to wait almost 2 months for delivery but well worth it. I love it. 5 minutes to set up and 45 seconds to get the car in the air. BTW, Call them direct, you can order them and they will bill and ship when they are built. Just takes some patience, which is not easy when you have some projects you need to get done.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > Off Topic Discussions > The Lounge

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in