More Toyota recalls - Pontiac GTO Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-19-2007, 04:47 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
More Toyota recalls

Toyota recalled 2004-2006 Tundra's and 2004-2007 Sequoia's for a steering component that will fail and cause the steering to be hard or impossible to control.

This news comes after Toyota recalled at least one vehicle of every model it produced in 2006. Toyota recalled over 800,000 vehicles in 2006, which was down from its 2005 total of 2,300,000 vehicles.

Some of the other Toyota recalls are the Scion TC for faulty airbag sensors. It also appears that the NHTSA will require Toyota to recall Tundras for suspension failure issues, this will involve about 400,000 vehicles and Sienna's for the rear hatch failing to stay open, falling and causing injuries. The 2001 and 2002 Echo has been recalled for a faulty crankshaft connector. This recall is a worldwide one that affects over 400,000 vehicles. The Toyota Highlander and Lexus RX330 from 2003 and 2004 have been recalled for a trim piece that comes loose and either stops the gas pedal from moving or locks it in a depressed position. This affects 370,000 vehicles. The Toyota FJ Cruiser was recalled, it affected 7-9000 vehicles. All 2003 through 2005 Prius' were recalled for a steering assembly that could crack and fail.

On another note, GM recalls were down 73% while Ford was down 71%. The recall leader was Honda. Honda recalled 1,397 vehicles. I wish GM could match Honda in that regard.

All manufacturers saw declines for 2006 except for the superior German quality of VW, the Japanese quality at Nissan and the recall leader for 2006 Chrysler. GM was most improved with Ford a close second.

The worst was Chrysler with 2.3 million cars and trucks, including my Dakota.

Nuff said.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-19-2007, 04:55 PM

Makes you wonder about all the faulty things that aren't recalled because they aren't a safety hazard deemed by NHTSA.
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-19-2007, 04:57 PM

Heard that this morning. Regarding VW, their cars are absolute junk and their dealers can best be described as somewhere below cro-magnon.
post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-19-2007, 05:11 PM

I thought those toyotas were meteor proof.
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-19-2007, 05:51 PM
Super Moderator

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Garage
OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, what a feeling.....................

They ain't been jumpin up and down lately.

I don't ever recall so many Toyota's being recalled when they were all produced in Jap-an.

President: GTO Association of America
www.gtoaa.org

post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-19-2007, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO judge View Post
OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, what a feeling...................

I don't ever recall so many Toyota's being recalled when they were all produced in Jap-an.
Holy flamethrower batman!!!
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-19-2007, 08:21 PM

TOYOTAS--they still are produced in Japan, only the pieces are put into the package here, so the recall is mostly for bad parts, not poor assembly...hay at least toyota does a recall instead of hide them like some Japan car companies....but I sure wich pontiac could keep my GTO running w/o needing to carry jumpers everywhere in the winter.
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-20-2007, 08:47 AM
Super Moderator

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by hdisandman View Post
TOYOTAS--they still are produced in Japan, only the pieces are put into the package here, so the recall is mostly for bad parts, not poor assembly...hay at least toyota does a recall instead of hide them like some Japan car companies....but I sure wich pontiac could keep my GTO running w/o needing to carry jumpers everywhere in the winter.

ahhhhhhhhhhhhh, so it's bad parts, NOT poor assy. I have been saying this for sometime. Parts are MOST always the problem, not the assy. worker. Glad someone else sees it this way.

Many Toyota's are built in the states these days. I.E. Tundra Plant in Texas.

BEFORE Toyota's were built in the states here, rarely did you ever read or hear of massive recalls. Just an observation.

President: GTO Association of America
www.gtoaa.org

post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-20-2007, 02:45 PM

I have two friends that work/worked in the Nummi (Toyota) plant here in Fremont California. After hearing some of the stories of the type of people that work there, I'm not surprised to hear about Toyota recalls. The bad thing is, there is one Pontiac model (Vibe I think) that is/was assembled there under a joint aggreement with GM and Toyota. I guess the Vibe is a domestic car and the Toyota's coming out of the same plant are imports.
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-24-2007, 10:27 PM

I thought those Nissan's were Lockness proof
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > Off Topic Discussions > The Lounge

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in