LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-31-2016, 09:10 PM Thread Starter
Former Moderator

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Garage
Moving on.......

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, it finally happened. The GTO went to a new owner after I was made a very good offer for her. She'll share garage space with another 69 GTO, I've known the buyer for over 20 years and he knows the car well. He plans on switching the fuel to E85 and putting a hood on her (I'm giving him 3). He'll also get all the stock parts removed with the exception of the original carb (lost to a shady rebuilder) and the original rear axle (sold to another friend who sold it without telling me. The still assembled original short block, rebuilt heads, original M20 plus a ton of spare stuff from 69 GTO's I've stripped.

Plans are to get a street rod or something 50's to enjoy with the family and eventually build something from scratch. The GTO was just too fuel thirsty at 3mpg and too much to drive anywhere far. It was the car I always wanted and now I've done that. I've really enjoyed my time here and tried to be helpful to the membership and in return everyone here has been fun and helpful to me and I've enjoyed so many of your stories and trials and tribulations. Our preference for a new toy may just be a Pontiac so you never know....Thank you guys it was a lot of fun to be here! I will check in from time to time and when I do get another toy I'll share it with ya'll.

I'm not exaggerating when I say this forum is one of the most informative and has the best membership out there. What a truly great bunch of people on here! So many forums are full of "look at me" types and everyone here is just into Pontiacs and loves to see what the next new member has or how other peoples project are going without criticizing and hating. I was surprised and honored that I was asked to be a moderator on here. You guys thought enough of my enthusiasm of the hobby to ask a "Chevy guy" to be a mod on a Pontiac GTO forum! How cool is that? Thank you so much.

Well, I guess that is my resignation. I want to thank the Administrators and the other moderators, especially Bear , Judge , Rookie and GeeTeeOh Guy too.

Thanks guys,
John
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-01-2016, 01:46 AM
Former Moderator

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 106 Post(s)
Sorry to see you go, do drop in from time to time and post some pics of your new toy.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-01-2016, 08:39 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
good luck
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-02-2016, 08:18 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Sorry to see you go. Please do drop in as I have appreciated all your in- put and wisdom as the others on here. That have helped me through my projects, and I'm sure many others.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-03-2016, 09:02 AM
Super Moderator

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Garage
Sorry to see you go John. All good things come to an end and more good things always lay ahead. Good Luck!

Vic

President: GTO Association of America
www.gtoaa.org

post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-03-2016, 09:10 AM Thread Starter
Former Moderator

Garage
Yeah, the new owner came and picked her up yesterday. I fired it up for the first time this year and she barked to life right away. I let him drive it for the first time, first person besides myself to drive it since I "restored" her lol. It was definetly a weird day, waiting for him to come over while I gathered all the paperwork together and checked over everything on the car. I've owned the GTO for 23 years and turned every nut and bolt on that car so it feels weird looking in the garage at that empty space.......

I'm excited though to start looking for the next toy....plenty of swap meets and car shows coming up the hardest part is being patient so we get the right car for us.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-08-2016, 10:46 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I hope you leave your avatar
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-10-2016, 07:17 PM
Super Moderator

Quoted: 122 Post(s)
Garage
Dang!!!!

Miss logging on for awhile and the whole freaking world just goes bat SH*T!

I'm speechless...

Bear

BearGFR
Springtown, TEXAS
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-12-2016, 07:27 AM Thread Starter
Former Moderator

Garage
I know, that's what I thought when 68 green goat left. He's rocking a 34 Ford coupe now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > Off Topic Discussions > The Lounge

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in