Nation of laws - Pontiac GTO Forum
User Tag List

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-01-2007, 01:36 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 937
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Nation of laws

We will eventually police every aspect of American life. How sad, and to cite another country's policies as justification.

http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/myfox/p...Y&pageId=1.1.1
JMVorbeck is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-01-2007, 02:58 PM
 
b_a_betterperson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 2,100
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
It's getting out of hand. As an example, I was having a business dinner in Mexico. The guys who were hosting were smokers. We're in the middle of a very nice restaurant -- and they ask if they could light up. No problem.

Somehow, the conversation came around to how crazy American laws are becoming. For example, the wacky smoking bans. It's one thing to ban it in a public restaurant -- another to ban it from your backyard if you live in a condo -- as some cities are now doing.

Seems like in the past few years good laws are being taken to extremes -- and becoming oppressive as a result. 20 years ago, nobody would even think of proposing a law banning radar detectors. Now? Some politician's doing it to be politically correct because a bunch of whiny voters have been brainwashed to think that speeding in and of itself kills people -- so people who have radar detectors are bad people who are speeders -- because they will kill people. Just stupid, convoluted logic.
b_a_betterperson is offline  
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-01-2007, 04:06 PM
 
pickinfights's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Baraboo WI
Posts: 1,117
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
"There trying to build a prison for you and me to live in."
pickinfights is offline  
post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-01-2007, 05:27 PM
Super Moderator
 
GTO JUDGE's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Lancaster, PA
Posts: 8,433
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Garage
The smoking ban is another example yet of secular progressives at work. Far Left do not want to hear it because they have become the big problem in this country. They are trying and succeeding to take away our Christian values the country was based on and and replace them with governmental socialistic rule. That smoking ban in your own back yard and in your car is a prime example. I hate smoking, I hate the smell of it, but people have the right in their own home, car etc to smoke.

NYC School system has banned Christian affirmation of the Nativity scene at Christmas. The only reference to CHRISTmas now is a Christmas Tree. However the menorah , and the ISLAMIC symbol are allowed. Secular Progressives have succeeded in BANNING this reference to this CHRISTmas symbol, the birth of Christ. The rights of Christians are being taken away and the movement is on to BAN all reference to CHRISTmas and wishing people a Merry Christmas and replacing it with Happy Holidays. There are cities in the U.S.A. that have passed laws to this effect. NO BULL. Muslims HATE Christianity, they are murdering us for it in their endeavor to replace all religions with their Muslim doctrine. But MUSLIMS have a Christmas symbol???? When was the last time anyone seen a child sitting on the lap of an Emom telling one what they want for Christmas? We symbolize Christmas by exchanging gifts. They give kids guns and weapons and teach to hate and kill yet they can express Christmas in their own way BY LAW while laws are being passed to take away OUR Christian symbols of it. The government is allowing them to do what they want because the country and our government is becoming increasingly scared to death to confront ISLAM. Another ridiculous example of MORONIC laws being passed by the Far Left. Slowly and surely new laws are being passed to replace laws that we have enjoyed through the constitution.

It is only going to get worse. Every night when I watch the news it seems more MORONIC laws are being passed that coincide with socialistic values.

President: GTO Association of America
www.gtoaa.org


GTO JUDGE is offline  
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-01-2007, 06:32 PM
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 151
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Funny I was just having this discussing with my FAMILY at the DINNER TABLE. America has become so diluted with all this free-speech equality bull**** that it forgot that this is America. Where free-speech and equality are supposed to be part of who we are. Now the only thing you can stand up for is some non-christan, non-straight, judge who thinks its a good idea to pass a law that gives more power to already corrupt people. And why? I seriously wish I had never grown up to see a country thats going to destroy itself. America has left its values behind for corrupt politians that hide their alltieror(sp) motives in undersigns of bills that promote equality of races in the work place. BS. Our government is so far from helping its people anymore. Seems everywhere we go now something is being taken away and I can't do jumping jacks in my backyard anymore. Go figure the GREAT America is gonna destroy itself, not a third world country.
sniper.x611 is offline  
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-01-2007, 07:03 PM
 
pickinfights's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Baraboo WI
Posts: 1,117
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO judge View Post
The smoking ban is another example yet of secular progressives at work. Far Left do not want to hear it because they have become the big problem in this country. They are trying and succeeding to take away our Christian values the country was based on and and replace them with governmental socialistic rule. That smoking ban in your own back yard and in your car is a prime example. I hate smoking, I hate the smell of it, but people have the right in their own home, car etc to smoke.

NYC School system has banned Christian affirmation of the Nativity scene at Christmas. The only reference to CHRISTmas now is a Christmas Tree. However the menorah , and the ISLAMIC symbol are allowed. Secular Progressives have succeeded in BANNING this reference to this CHRISTmas symbol, the birth of Christ. The rights of Christians are being taken away and the movement is on to BAN all reference to CHRISTmas and wishing people a Merry Christmas and replacing it with Happy Holidays. There are cities in the U.S.A. that have passed laws to this effect. NO BULL. Muslims HATE Christianity, they are murdering us for it in their endeavor to replace all religions with their Muslim doctrine. But MUSLIMS have a Christmas symbol???? When was the last time anyone seen a child sitting on the lap of an Emom telling one what they want for Christmas? We symbolize Christmas by exchanging gifts. They give kids guns and weapons and teach to hate and kill yet they can express Christmas in their own way BY LAW while laws are being passed to take away OUR Christian symbols of it. The government is allowing them to do what they want because the country and our government is becoming increasingly scared to death to confront ISLAM. Another ridiculous example of MORONIC laws being passed by the Far Left. Slowly and surely new laws are being passed to replace laws that we have enjoyed through the constitution.

It is only going to get worse. Every night when I watch the news it seems more MORONIC laws are being passed that coincide with socialistic values.
Excuse me bartender, I am trying to get drunk so I can drive to this chicks house have unprotected sex, then drive home and beat my wife, and this guys is blowing smoke in my face.
pickinfights is offline  
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-02-2007, 02:23 AM
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 268
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Just wait until we have socialized health care/ Seriously think about this!!!
Because "Tax payers" will be paying for health care there will be study after study showing that a certain behaivor or action people get hurt and therefor they will out law it! Study will show that driving 45mph on the interstate would save so many billions as opposed to driving 70mph because a wreck at 70 costs more than per wreck than one at 45, plus it is better for the enviorment. And the gun thing,, because x amount of people get shot and it cost so much a year to treat the people,,,bam guns are gun in the interest of the tax payer....no more skiing to many broken bones and other related costs to injuries from skiing. Then to cut costs even more, mandatory health exams, oh you were eating more than your one a month allowed cheese burger. You will be fined!!! Keep it up you go to jail..,,

Think that all sounds nuts? Take the logical step on how government works...Just wait!! It is coming!!
flyer469 is offline  
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-02-2007, 05:15 AM
Super Moderator
 
GTO JUDGE's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Lancaster, PA
Posts: 8,433
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by pickinfights View Post
Excuse me bartender, I am trying to get drunk so I can drive to this chicks house have unprotected sex, then drive home and beat my wife, and this guys is blowing smoke in my face.
I try an avoid places where there is smoke. Sometimes it's unavoidable. I know guys that don't need to get drunk to beat their wives. And I need all my scruples about me to have unprotected, protected, semi protected or even think about sex with chicks these days. Besides, when drinking my avatar looks mighty fine.

President: GTO Association of America
www.gtoaa.org


GTO JUDGE is offline  
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-02-2007, 05:38 AM
Super Moderator
 
GTO JUDGE's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Lancaster, PA
Posts: 8,433
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyer469 View Post
Just wait until we have socialized health care/ Seriously think about this!!!
Because "Tax payers" will be paying for health care there will be study after study showing that a certain behaivor or action people get hurt and therefor they will out law it! Study will show that driving 45mph on the interstate would save so many billions as opposed to driving 70mph because a wreck at 70 costs more than per wreck than one at 45, plus it is better for the enviorment. And the gun thing,, because x amount of people get shot and it cost so much a year to treat the people,,,bam guns are gun in the interest of the tax payer....no more skiing to many broken bones and other related costs to injuries from skiing. Then to cut costs even more, mandatory health exams, oh you were eating more than your one a month allowed cheese burger. You will be fined!!! Keep it up you go to jail..,,

Think that all sounds nuts? Take the logical step on how government works...Just wait!! It is coming!!
Far Left ideology.

Who would ever thought, Christmas would be under attack in America?

How about the female senator from Florida who is introducing a bill to ban the word ALIEN from the phrase, Illegal Alien? She wants them to be called Illegal immigrants. All the things wrong in this world, she's worried about insulting them.
The definition of Alien as defined in Webster:


Main Entry: 1alien
Pronunciation: 'A-lE-&n, 'Al-y&n
Function: adjective
Etymology: Middle English, from Anglo-French, from Latin alienus, from alius
1 a : belonging or relating to another person, place, or thing : STRANGE b : relating, belonging, or owing allegiance to another country or government :


Notice were it states OWING ALLEGIANCE TO ANOTHER COUNTRY.
We have morons who think it is demeaning to them to call them what they are, and are defined as. There are legislatures, ACLU proponents who want us to pick up the tab for heir health care, education, and living expenses. It's just getting worse, and worse.

Remember the 2 security border patrol agents in prison for shooting a drug smuggler in the a$$ when he ran? The 148 lbs of dope was not permissible for the jurors to hear? He was granted immunity for his testimony against the guys that nailed him from a FEDERAL PROSECUTOR to testify against them? He was just caught again with 152lbs of dope, and WAS LET GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He was granted immunity. He was stopped, and was released because of his immunity status. That is our FEDERAL GOVERNMENT at work. Again, far left Ideology.

It ought to piss everyone off.

President: GTO Association of America
www.gtoaa.org



Last edited by GTO JUDGE; 03-02-2007 at 05:43 AM.
GTO JUDGE is offline  
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-02-2007, 08:38 AM
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 255
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
If the police have the right to use radar for tracking our speed, shouldn't we have the right to know they are using it? And be able to protect ourselves from the effects of their use on us?

I think there needs to be a study of radar guns, i'll bet for sure they cause cancer...

Chris
Cadsbury is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Pontiac GTO Forum > Off Topic Discussions > The Lounge

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome