Never Forget Them - Pontiac GTO Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-11-2006, 09:01 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Never Forget Them

I've been spending the day thinking about 9-11 and the impact it has had on my life, my city and my country. I worked for 14 years across the street from the Trade Center and spent many months helping my company clean up and recover from the attack.

While it has been five years since the attack, the memories of that morning for me are as vivid as ever. Television news reports cannot convey the images, sounds and scent of the death and destruction of that day.

I can also recall how the fear and confusion of that day was gradually replaced with a sense of responsibility to step up and support the recovery effort. For a while New York and the country were united in a way that I could not have imagined before the attack.

At the risk of starting a political name calling thread, it saddens me to see the way we have gone from a country that was united by this vicious and tragic attack to one that seems to be tearing apart over how to answer it.

While I'm sure we all have opinions about the war on terror and how we as a nation have dealt with the attack, let's remember the impact this day has had on thousands of families that lost relatives. These people are our fellow citizens and continue to need our prayers and support.

This post might be a little too heavy for the site and it has nothing to do with our cars, but I had to tell someone how I feel.

God bless the victims of September 11, 2001 and God Bless America.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-11-2006, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerosum View Post
I've been spending the day thinking about 9-11 and the impact it has had on my life, my city and my country. I worked for 14 years across the street from the Trade Center and spent many months helping my company clean up and recover from the attack.

While it has been five years since the attack, the memories of that morning for me are as vivid as ever. Television news reports cannot convey the images, sounds and scent of the death and destruction of that day.

I can also recall how the fear and confusion of that day was gradually replaced with a sense of responsibility to step up and support the recovery effort. For a while New York and the country were united in a way that I could not have imagined before the attack.

At the risk of starting a political name calling thread, it saddens me to see the way we have gone from a country that was united by this vicious and tragic attack to one that seems to be tearing apart over how to answer it.

While I'm sure we all have opinions about the war on terror and how we as a nation have dealt with the attack, let's remember the impact this day has had on thousands of families that lost relatives. These people are our fellow citizens and continue to need our prayers and support.

This post might be a little too heavy for the site and it has nothing to do with our cars, but I had to tell someone how I feel.

God bless the victims of September 11, 2001 and God Bless America.

Amen.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-11-2006, 09:38 PM
1/8 7.63 at 89.14, 60ft of 1.61

Our thoughts are the same , a very tragic day, we've been thinking of it all day, God Bless all of us.

05 YellowJacket, A4
Some Bolt-Ons
[email protected] 90.27- 60ft 1.587-Irwindale Hers
[email protected] Infineon Hers
[email protected] Infineon His
[email protected] 90.95mph-60ft 1.621 Irwindale His

Tuned by Btlfed1500 377hp-375tq
post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-11-2006, 09:51 PM

thanks for the post it means alot!!!

im in the army's 10th Mountain division and i personally know many soldiers who have fought and died for americas freedom in iraq and afghanistan. its good to see that people still take the time to remember today. its means alot to me and i know it would mean alot to them.

god bless america!!

B-trp 3/89 cavalry, 4th brigade, 10th mtn division, Us Army, Ft. Polk, La (11c)
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-12-2006, 01:28 AM

While I am sadden, I am really more pissed! Why is the middle eash not one big mushroom cloud? When the "peace loving people of Islam" in Iran everyday end their daily prayer with "death to America" why are they still on the map?
What it is going to take though is Iran acutally doing something for this country to get behind the idea of wipeing them out. IF they had the means any doubt that they would use it against us? Now if we dont do anything and the US strikes first then Bush is an a** hole. Then if we get hit first and then strike back, Bush is an a**hole. The enemy is using the lefts words in their speeches of how they (the enemy) is winning! Ted Kennedy is one of their favorites! I would blame 75% of the enemies blodness overthere on the left and their American trashing! And the way we are making our guys now account for all their rounds shot?!?!! WTF? Can't shoot unless shot at first in alot of situations? Screw that, a sniper from a building? A-10s level the WHOLE building. Not sure what building? The whole block gets B-52ed! Those people ONLY understand and respect brute force! Weakness in any form emboldens them...

Now vote for me!
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-12-2006, 08:13 AM

So True.

I know full well the loss we all endured, but I have also seen the sacrifices we all are making to avenge those who were lost on that day. I am currently defending our freedom right now and I know the cost of freedom. Having been from NY, I feel the pain we suffered. But as all of us over here know, we will never stop fighting these people, as long as there is a breath in my body I will fight for our cause. All of us deployed over here appreciate your support from back home as Sept 11, is a day we all take very personal, and we all are proud to serve over here.

~remember all who serve...
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-13-2006, 12:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by usafcrewchief01 View Post
I know full well the loss we all endured, but I have also seen the sacrifices we all are making to avenge those who were lost on that day. I am currently defending our freedom right now and I know the cost of freedom. Having been from NY, I feel the pain we suffered. But as all of us over here know, we will never stop fighting these people, as long as there is a breath in my body I will fight for our cause. All of us deployed over here appreciate your support from back home as Sept 11, is a day we all take very personal, and we all are proud to serve over here.

~remember all who serve...
Thanks for all you do !!
Some of us still care
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-19-2006, 09:44 PM

God Bless all of you!
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-20-2006, 02:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyer469 View Post
While I am sadden, I am really more pissed! Why is the middle eash not one big mushroom cloud? When the "peace loving people of Islam" in Iran everyday end their daily prayer with "death to America" why are they still on the map?
What it is going to take though is Iran acutally doing something for this country to get behind the idea of wipeing them out. IF they had the means any doubt that they would use it against us? Now if we dont do anything and the US strikes first then Bush is an a** hole. Then if we get hit first and then strike back, Bush is an a**hole. The enemy is using the lefts words in their speeches of how they (the enemy) is winning! Ted Kennedy is one of their favorites! I would blame 75% of the enemies blodness overthere on the left and their American trashing! And the way we are making our guys now account for all their rounds shot?!?!! WTF? Can't shoot unless shot at first in alot of situations? Screw that, a sniper from a building? A-10s level the WHOLE building. Not sure what building? The whole block gets B-52ed! Those people ONLY understand and respect brute force! Weakness in any form emboldens them...

Now vote for me!

Ummm..you absolutely have my vote. Let me be the Press Secretary, better yet, your V.P.. I hope I get the question on "torture" and how it's "wrong to do that to enemy combatants."
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-20-2006, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasAggie View Post
Ummm..you absolutely have my vote. Let me be the Press Secretary, better yet, your V.P.. I hope I get the question on "torture" and how it's "wrong to do that to enemy combatants."

Quote:
"The world is beginning to doubt the moral basis of our fight against terrorism," said Powell, who served under Bush and is a former chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff. "To redefine Common Article 3 would add to those doubts. Furthermore, it would put our own troops at risk."

But not only is it morally wrong it is against two of the main principles that this country was founded on, Justice and Law. Plus, information gained from torture is unreliable and puts troops in further harm. Sending troops on missions based on faulty information is dangerous. Torture, from any angle, serves no benefit to our fight… It can only hurt us…

But then, the real reason this debate is coming up is Bush wants legal cover for his past actions that under any court would be viewed as criminal… That darn NY Times!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > Off Topic Discussions > The Lounge

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in