New 4-Door GTO ? - Pontiac GTO Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-28-2006, 06:44 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
New 4-Door GTO ?

I just got my October Motor Trend. It has the new Holden Commodore SS-V that is badged as the new Pontiac Gran Prix. It has the 6.0 liter Vortec V-8 with 362 HP, 390 PF, 19 inch rims and a 6-speed.
:pa
http://www.leftlanenews.com/wp-conte...18&idg=1&idi=1

Last edited by TexasRealtor; 08-28-2006 at 10:55 PM. Reason: Add link
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-28-2006, 06:48 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to Justice
I remember hearing rumor somewhere last year that as pontiac shifted all their cars to RWD over the next 5-8 years, the Current GP would be retired and replaced with the 4-door commodore.

"Some people are like slinky's. They really have no useful purpose, but they can still put a smile on your face when you push them down stairs."
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-29-2006, 09:16 AM

Pontiac might actually have a chance if they drop the FWD junk and go down this path. I have the mag and the car looks good to me. If they offer the base 6 cyl choices and the V8 they should sell several boatloads of them. Take a few sales from the Mustang and Charger.
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-29-2006, 09:43 AM

I got that issue of MT last week and can't believe it's taken this long for someone to start a thread about it! I figured everyone would be jabbering.

I've never been a fan of four-doors . . . until I started trying to get passengers into my GTO's back seat. It's commodious enough; it's just that it requires the patience of Job to get to.

I'd hope that Pontiac has better luck moving the Commodore/Grand Prix than they did with our Monaro/GTOs.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-29-2006, 10:43 AM

I would have to say that this would be the perfect time to get rid of the 1990 split grill design, and incorporate a new more square, recessed grill. Just before the new GTO, and the new Grand Prix come back out, a simple facelift could be perfect for excitement. I do like the idea of the Commadore in Pontiac badging, but what I would really like to see is a new car made in the US, that appeals to the Aussies. Get them to rebadge our stuff.
Keep it angular. and original, that's what sells. Maybe bring back the two lines on the top of the doors from 68-69 GTO, and maybe do the pinch up on the sides of the hood, since everyone else is just letting the sides fall off. Making something new, original, and attractive is always what sells a car. If Pontiac is going to not advertise a car, they need to make the cars so nice that they can sell themselves.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-29-2006, 12:18 PM Thread Starter

post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-20-2006, 08:45 PM

its called the commador... its replacing the grand prix... i work at a pontiac dealership
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-22-2006, 06:57 PM

That would be the G8. The replacement of the Grand Prix. If it has a 6 speed and can clear a 275 tire then it just may be my next vehicle.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-23-2006, 12:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arch&69 View Post
I would have to say that this would be the perfect time to get rid of the 1990 split grill design, and incorporate a new more square, recessed grill. Just before the new GTO, and the new Grand Prix come back out, a simple facelift could be perfect for excitement. I do like the idea of the Commadore in Pontiac badging, but what I would really like to see is a new car made in the US, that appeals to the Aussies. Get them to rebadge our stuff.
Keep it angular. and original, that's what sells. Maybe bring back the two lines on the top of the doors from 68-69 GTO, and maybe do the pinch up on the sides of the hood, since everyone else is just letting the sides fall off. Making something new, original, and attractive is always what sells a car. If Pontiac is going to not advertise a car, they need to make the cars so nice that they can sell themselves.

I think we keep jumping the gun on a new model GTO coming out in 08/09. They didn't do well this go around and with the Camaro set for its debut I don't think GM will shoot itself in the foot. As much as some of us hate it the Camaro will also come in a V6 which will help sell the car. Now back to the topic.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-23-2006, 01:32 AM

I got that issue too and I think that car is sweet. If it does hit the assembly line it will be the replacement for my wifes lame a** Buick Lacrosse
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > Off Topic Discussions > The Lounge

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in