New (to my son) RSX - Pontiac GTO Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-25-2006, 07:34 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
New (to my son) RSX

Recently bought my son a used '03 RSX. Black with black leather interior, sunroof, and 5 speed. He's been having a rough semester at JMU, and his '95 Nissan SE-R was getting a little ragged.

He's probably spoiled but he's also very responsible, and his Mom and I wanted to do this for him.

Anyhow, a young guy just bought the SE-R tonight. Sold it for $3K, and that included a cd/receiver with ipod interface, visonik sub, and Blaupunkt amp, not to mention 2 sets of wheels and tires, the stock 15" and a set of 17" as well.

He seemed as happy as my son. One of those "win-win" situations we look for at work.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-25-2006, 07:36 PM

Nice! Who's gonna get Dad of the Year...?
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-25-2006, 07:44 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groucho View Post
Nice! Who's gonna get Dad of the Year...?
Heck, maybe the Dad that co-signed for the kid that bought the SE-R! I hope it turns out to be good car for him.
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-25-2006, 11:08 PM

Reminds me of college. A girl from Vancouver, BC, whose family owns a huge chain of jewelry stores up there, makes it through her first semester with a 2.0 GPA, with half of that a gift from her instructors because she was so damn hot -- and gets a brand new Honda Prelude as a present.

Your son should buy you a 12 box of your favorite brew for sure.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-26-2006, 08:42 AM

I saved my 94 Sentra SE-R for my son when I upgraded to an MBZ C-Coupe 5 or 6 years ago. Loved that car and it's subtle but speedy qualities. He's driving it back and forth to college and will have to get his own RSX (or other) afterwards; no more free rides from me. Having traded the C-Coupe for the GTO, I can only say that I will never go back to front wheel drive and only monster engines from now on. I can't stop smiling, following, and flooring this beast.

Note to self...SLOW DOWN.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-26-2006, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fwheelerjr View Post
I saved my 94 Sentra SE-R for my son when I upgraded to an MBZ C-Coupe 5 or 6 years ago. Loved that car and it's subtle but speedy qualities. He's driving it back and forth to college and will have to get his own RSX (or other) afterwards; no more free rides from me. Having traded the C-Coupe for the GTO, I can only say that I will never go back to front wheel drive and only monster engines from now on. I can't stop smiling, following, and flooring this beast.

Note to self...SLOW DOWN.
Nah.

Slow is for The Weak.

post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-28-2006, 06:41 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by b_a_betterperson View Post

Your son should buy you a 12 box of your favorite brew for sure.
HA! A 12 pack would last me about 6 months- - I just have never been able to get a taste for beer- -

Now JMU on the other hand, has quite a reputation as a party school. My son hits it pretty hard on Friday and Saturday nights, but the rest of the time, he's hitting the books hard. He's a Sophomore, and was asked to TA a class he took last year, so he must be doing some things right.

JMU doesn't have a bona fide engineering school, but they do have an ISAT school (Integrated Science and Technology) that he's enrolled in. One of his buddies told him ISAT stood for: (I Study All the Time).

We met him at Costco this afternoon to replenish his water and snack stash; he is so proud of that car- - -
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-30-2006, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noz34me View Post
HA! A 12 pack would last me about 6 months- - I just have never been able to get a taste for beer- -

Now JMU on the other hand, has quite a reputation as a party school. My son hits it pretty hard on Friday and Saturday nights, but the rest of the time, he's hitting the books hard. He's a Sophomore, and was asked to TA a class he took last year, so he must be doing some things right.

JMU doesn't have a bona fide engineering school, but they do have an ISAT school (Integrated Science and Technology) that he's enrolled in. One of his buddies told him ISAT stood for: (I Study All the Time).

We met him at Costco this afternoon to replenish his water and snack stash; he is so proud of that car- - -
Thats great man, hopefully he will take good care of it! As a recent college grad myself, I know how appreciates it!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > Off Topic Discussions > The Lounge

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in