New ride - Pontiac GTO Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-21-2006, 06:47 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
New ride

I had to get something to keep the wear/tear off the GTO- I have had it since April and it has 8000 miles on it already AND it has spent a few weeks parked between the Procharger install and TRYING to keep the miles off it. It sure as hell isn't the GTO, but I like it so far- fairly comfy, panoramic sunroof, 6 speed, XM, etc.
Joe
edit- I should add that the dealer has had this car since last September and I looked at it back when I had my crossfire- we had a G6 loaner one of the many times it was in the shop, and we liked it for just beating around so we went looking at them out of curiosity. I wanted it then, but couldn't justify a $28k sticker for what I consider a Grand Am and they weren't willing to negotiate one bit- they actually had one of those "ripoff stickers" on it for like $3k over sticker that they said they would negotiate that a bit! Needless to say, one year later, they were more than willing to negotiate to get it out of there . Plus, the 0% APR is nice too . Just thought it was pretty cool to get the car I wanted to get last year anyway.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00739.JPG
Views:	109
Size:	83.1 KB
ID:	547   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00740.JPG
Views:	107
Size:	79.3 KB
ID:	548   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00743.JPG
Views:	103
Size:	83.1 KB
ID:	549   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00742.JPG
Views:	94
Size:	84.7 KB
ID:	550   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00744.JPG
Views:	82
Size:	87.7 KB
ID:	551  

Last edited by kwiktsi; 08-21-2006 at 06:52 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-21-2006, 06:57 PM Thread Starter

May as well put these up too since I have never posted pics of my GTO yet lol. There are a couple of pics from when I installed the Procharger too.
Joe
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	GTO3.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	99.6 KB
ID:	552   Click image for larger version

Name:	GTO4.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	90.3 KB
ID:	553   Click image for larger version

Name:	GTO2.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	73.4 KB
ID:	554   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00621.JPG
Views:	114
Size:	152.5 KB
ID:	555   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00622.JPG
Views:	100
Size:	81.8 KB
ID:	556  

post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-21-2006, 08:55 PM

Very nice! If you don't mind me asking, what did you get the GTP for?
Is the 0.0% back on again? I've not been shopping since I got the goat in
July.

1 of 370 Black Metallic/Red/Manual/18"
80U 756 MN6 N87
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-21-2006, 09:14 PM Thread Starter

Thanks- I actually like it a lot. For the price, it is a nice car. I *really* like the Acura TL for a sweet daily driver, but I couldn't justify the price just for a car I am going to pile the miles on, so for the price of the G6 and the 0%, it was worth it to me. It was $24k and change. A base G6 would have sufficed also, but I am the type that if there is a "sportier" version available, I want it . I don't know what date the 0% is/was on for, I bought the car last Weds, so it was on then- don't know if it still is. My wife just said she thinks it is on until the 4th.
Joe
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-22-2006, 01:34 AM

kwiktsi its lookin like our garages are lookin similar. I have a 04 yellow GTO and a 2006 Crossfire limited roadster conv.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-22-2006, 07:52 AM Thread Starter

Cool. That is my wifes Crossfire. I had an 04 also that I sprayed a 125 shot on- won some money with that car on the street . The car went [email protected] with the spray. I ended up trading it in due to a bunch of problems it had- believe it or not, none due to the nitrous or any type of abuse, just stupid stuff that the dealer kept messing up more every time they touched it. I was going to lemon law it, but the dealer screwed me by keeping invoices open and making it look like 3 trips were only one and such. My lawyer said we could subpeona the papers from them, but it wasn't worth the hassle to me- so I traded it in for my GTO .

Now we "argue" over the garage. The GTO always stays there and her crossfire does too, but now whenever she gets home, the G6 is in there and she makes me move it lol. I get the "you wanted this as a daily driver that you don't have to care so much and be as anal about" speech- true, but it's hard not to, especially a new car.

Anyway, how do you like the convert? I tell my wife that's what she should have gotten since misses our 03 GT convert so much. Any problems with leaks or anything?
Joe
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-22-2006, 08:06 AM

Very nice. My friend just bought one with black leather. Looks great in white.

Jon
'87 Z28 with mods | '05 GTO - Red on Red A4

post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-22-2006, 08:11 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOJon
Very nice. My friend just bought one with black leather. Looks great in white.

Thanks. Is his white with black leather? That has to look nice if it is!! This is the only one optioned like this that this dealer got in, but the saddle/tan/whatever doesn't bother me that much. Only thing I don't really care for with the interior is the brown on the seats, but I can live with it.
Joe
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-23-2006, 03:57 PM

the vert top is wonderful it allows you to hear the nice exhaust sound and it gives it a better overall look. no leak problems or anything.. just a lil road noise when you get up to high speeds.. to be expected in a vert. ohh and surprisingly large trunk space.. my gf and i went shoppin at wally world and did a fill the house run and it all fit nicely in the trunk.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-23-2006, 06:20 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04stangkiller
the vert top is wonderful it allows you to hear the nice exhaust sound and it gives it a better overall look. no leak problems or anything.. just a lil road noise when you get up to high speeds.. to be expected in a vert. ohh and surprisingly large trunk space.. my gf and i went shoppin at wally world and did a fill the house run and it all fit nicely in the trunk.
Hmm, maybe I'll get her to look at a convert for herself and trade hers in. Her coupe has a ridiculous amount of trunk space- we have put a TON of crap back there when shopping and never ran out of room!
Joe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > Off Topic Discussions > The Lounge

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in