new u.s. postal stamps... - Pontiac GTO Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-17-2013, 11:02 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
new u.s. postal stamps...

i heard on the radio today the u.s. postal service will no longer be delivering mail on saturdays sometime in the future. however, they will be printing up some new stamps. the GTO and a few other american classics will be on them...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-17-2013, 11:52 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
that is true. Stamps come in 20 count sheets and were not available when I checked a couple weeks ago.

67 Post Coupe,
69 RA III Judge
06 BOM, M6, 18's
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-17-2013, 01:37 PM

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
A friend of mine emailed a picture of one to me last week:
Other cars included in the series are the 1970 Chevelle SS, 1969 Dodge Charger Daytona, 1970 Plymouth Hemi íCuda, and the 1967 Shelby GT-500

2005 Pontaic GTO - CGM 6 Speed (My car)
2017 Chevrolet Colorado 2WT (My daily driver)
2010 Mercedes Benz C300 Sedan (Wife's car)
2014 Kia Rio LX (Wife's daily driver)
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-18-2013, 12:13 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'd be happy if the USPS went out of business. I truely hate them.

2003 Corvette Z06 - MGW shifter, Corsa X pipe, Corsa Xtreme exhaust, Texas Speed long tubes w/o cats, PowerStop rotors/pads, Conti DWS tires, C6Z51 F&R sways, C5R headlights, tuned

04 GTO - sold
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-19-2013, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpalamar View Post
I'd be happy if the USPS went out of business. I truely hate them.
Oh come on. You may have had problems with them but you really have no idea just what all would be affected by them disappearing.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-22-2013, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyKelley View Post
Oh come on. You may have had problems with them but you really have no idea just what all would be affected by them disappearing.
You mean my tax money could be allocated towards something potentially meaningful.

USPS is a company of the past. Emails, credit/debit cards, online payments, e-readers, ect... are making snail mail worthless.

Not to mention USPS delivered a box to the wrong apartment, and when I asked the guy where he left the box he admitted to it. His supervisor basically gave me the big old 'your s-o-l' speech. We then received a letter from USPS stating federal law basically stating the USPS isn't responsible for negligence and can't even be sued. This was $500 worth of stuff that can't even be replaced also. So yes, this alone makes me OK with them not being in business.

2003 Corvette Z06 - MGW shifter, Corsa X pipe, Corsa Xtreme exhaust, Texas Speed long tubes w/o cats, PowerStop rotors/pads, Conti DWS tires, C6Z51 F&R sways, C5R headlights, tuned

04 GTO - sold
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-22-2013, 10:01 AM
Former Moderator

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyKelley View Post
How would I get my junk mail and credit card offers?
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-24-2013, 07:50 AM
Super Moderator

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Garage
Beginning in August Saturdays will be eliminated from mail delivery. While electronic mailing and online bill pay is the rage, those like me refuse to allow anyone with their lunch-hooks in my checking or any other money storage accounts. There will come a time when I will no longer have that option. Others are comfortable with outside entities debiting and removing money from your personal accounts, for me I want to be the only one controlling where my money goes and when I allow it.

There are certain circumstances (paypal and I use my credit cards for transactions) or Turbotax or my 401K debt (retired yes but I still contribute each week to a 401K) other rare transactions do I allow this. Hard copy delivery for me is what I want until the time comes its no longer available and it is coming.

We are bombarded with LifeLock commercials scaring people into buying their service to protect themselves and at the same time people who do this have every utility and their brother in and out of their money accounts. These people are paying insurance to protect themselves from themselves. Many don't trust anyone, lock their doors, are leery of them and at the same time allow those unencumbered access to their lifeblood. All it takes is one thief in an organization to wipe you out.

All have issues with the USPS. All my junk mail that comes with a return postage envelope? I take X's junk mail and put it in Y's envelope and send it back. Return to sender as well.

What will the FEDS do with saving tax dollars? This administration will squander it, look at their track record. That and giving it to our enemies i.e HAMAS, the Muslim Brotherhood and others working to murder you. This is just fact. I'd rather give my tax money to some guy in a white truck feeding his family than Morsi in Egypt an enemy of the USA getting billions of our money and fighter aircraft. This is a prime example of your tax money at work.

President: GTO Association of America
www.gtoaa.org

post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-24-2013, 12:51 PM

Judge. Great points. I sell vintage postcards on eBay for a living and if the USPS went away, I would be screwed. Plus...give the government more money to spend "wisely"??? That's a joke. I will probably never see the day when the government spends their money wisely, and learns ti live with less, like many of us do.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-24-2013, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO JUDGE View Post
Beginning in August Saturdays will be eliminated from mail delivery. While electronic mailing and online bill pay is the rage, those like me refuse to allow anyone with their lunch-hooks in my checking or any other money storage accounts. There will come a time when I will no longer have that option. Others are comfortable with outside entities debiting and removing money from your personal accounts, for me I want to be the only one controlling where my money goes and when I allow it.

There are certain circumstances (paypal and I use my credit cards for transactions) or Turbotax or my 401K debt (retired yes but I still contribute each week to a 401K) other rare transactions do I allow this. Hard copy delivery for me is what I want until the time comes its no longer available and it is coming.

We are bombarded with LifeLock commercials scaring people into buying their service to protect themselves and at the same time people who do this have every utility and their brother in and out of their money accounts. These people are paying insurance to protect themselves from themselves. Many don't trust anyone, lock their doors, are leery of them and at the same time allow those unencumbered access to their lifeblood. All it takes is one thief in an organization to wipe you out.

All have issues with the USPS. All my junk mail that comes with a return postage envelope? I take X's junk mail and put it in Y's envelope and send it back. Return to sender as well.

What will the FEDS do with saving tax dollars? This administration will squander it, look at their track record. That and giving it to our enemies i.e HAMAS, the Muslim Brotherhood and others working to murder you. This is just fact. I'd rather give my tax money to some guy in a white truck feeding his family than Morsi in Egypt an enemy of the USA getting billions of our money and fighter aircraft. This is a prime example of your tax money at work.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > Off Topic Discussions > The Lounge

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in