The NFL discussion thread - Pontiac GTO Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 59 (permalink) Old 01-17-2010, 02:56 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
The NFL discussion thread

I am currently watching the Dallas/Minnesota game, and I'm more than a little disappointed in Dallas, for how good of a team they turned out to be in December. I thought they had a shot at a W. I really hope this year we don't have to all be dragged through the Brett Favre drama again. Here are three scenarios I picture:

1. Minnesota wins Superbowl. Bret Favre cries. Brett Favre retires.

2. Minnesota wins NFC champinship, loses Super Bowl. Brett Favre cries, and threatens to retire. Brett Favre retires. Brett Favre comes out of retirement.

3. Minnesota loses NFC championship. Brett Favre cries, and threatens to retire. Brett Favre retires. Brett Favre comes out of retirement.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 59 (permalink) Old 01-17-2010, 03:19 PM
Super Moderator

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poncho Dan View Post
I am currently watching the Dallas/Minnesota game, and I'm more than a little disappointed in Dallas, for how good of a team they turned out to be in December. I thought they had a shot at a W. I really hope this year we don't have to all be dragged through the Brett Favre drama again. Here are three scenarios I picture:

1. Minnesota wins Superbowl. Bret Favre cries. Brett Favre retires.

2. Minnesota wins NFC champinship, loses Super Bowl. Brett Favre cries, and threatens to retire. Brett Favre retires. Brett Favre comes out of retirement.

3. Minnesota loses NFC championship. Brett Favre cries, and threatens to retire. Brett Favre retires. Brett Favre comes out of retirement.
I don't much follow Pro ball any more: Money has ruined the integrity of the
game, attitudes and many have brought a thug like ghetto mentality to the game, many player pictures shown during the game look more like mug shots. Tattoos, hair down the middle of the back its a classless joke. The NFL lost its classiness over the many years and it all started with Paul Taglibeau. Player loyalty to TEAM was replaced by teaIm. The more I tried NOT to hear about the Brett FARVE saga the more it was reported. So sick of hearing it.

I watched a good part of the game... Minnesota ran the score up, why?? Records. Again, another classless act. A class team would have taken a knee and shown a little more respect to their opponent. NOPE just another reflection of IN YOUR FACE mentality coming from thug like cockiness.

Then you have announcers making excuses for the antics of many of the classless players. Its a circus. If I have to pick a team.. I would like to see New Orleans take it.

Then ya have MLBA and NBA... those who stuggle all week to bring home a pay check to support a family, etc etc.. will give 100 a pop to see these grossly overpaid gold toothed cocky players like Ray Lewis play..... I don't get it. I'd rather give my money to cancer research than the National Felons League.

President: GTO Association of America
www.gtoaa.org

post #3 of 59 (permalink) Old 01-17-2010, 04:02 PM

ALL pros in sports are ALL OVER PAID. Let the old man have his time before the end of the season and his wheelchair.
post #4 of 59 (permalink) Old 01-18-2010, 03:59 PM Thread Starter

I find it fascinating that the Favre fanboys refuse to acknowledge the fact that one in every 20 completed passes is an interception.
post #5 of 59 (permalink) Old 01-18-2010, 05:05 PM

I too was totally blown away by that game - I did not see it but was listening to it on Sirrus - never would have thought it would be that lopsided - something to be said for having that extra week of rest - not a Farve fan at all - never have been - I do respect him, but think he is VERY over rated - he will gain some more of my respect if he beats New Orleans - he will gain even more if he wins the Super Bowl - look at it this way, if he does win the Super Bowl, maybe he will finally go away - with his ego, he has to go out on top - I predict a Saints/Colts SB and of course I have to take my Colts!!
post #6 of 59 (permalink) Old 01-18-2010, 08:12 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poncho Dan View Post
I find it fascinating that the Favre fanboys refuse to acknowledge the fact that one in every 20 completed passes is an interception.
This season it was 1 interception in every 52 completed passes and
1 Touchdown in every 11 completed passes.

Larry

2005 GTO Quick - 1984 Honda V65 Magna Quicker - 2004 Z06 Quickest
post #7 of 59 (permalink) Old 01-18-2010, 08:28 PM Thread Starter

Pants on the ground.
post #8 of 59 (permalink) Old 01-18-2010, 09:40 PM
Super Moderator

Location: Where the women are scarce and the sheep are scared. So. Cali
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO JUDGE View Post
I don't much follow Pro ball any more: Money has ruined the integrity of the
game, attitudes and many have brought a thug like ghetto mentality to the game, many player pictures shown during the game look more like mug shots. Tattoos, hair down the middle of the back its a classless joke. The NFL lost its classiness over the many years and it all started with Paul Taglibeau. Player loyalty to TEAM was replaced by teaIm. The more I tried NOT to hear about the Brett FARVE saga the more it was reported. So sick of hearing it.

I watched a good part of the game... Minnesota ran the score up, why?? Records. Again, another classless act. A class team would have taken a knee and shown a little more respect to their opponent. NOPE just another reflection of IN YOUR FACE mentality coming from thug like cockiness.

Then you have announcers making excuses for the antics of many of the classless players. Its a circus. If I have to pick a team.. I would like to see New Orleans take it.

Then ya have MLBA and NBA... those who stuggle all week to bring home a pay check to support a family, etc etc.. will give 100 a pop to see these grossly overpaid gold toothed cocky players like Ray Lewis play..... I don't get it. I'd rather give my money to cancer research than the National Felons League.
Ray Lewis has a gold tooth? Maybe it's another Ray Lewis in the league besides the Ravens' Ray Lewis or maybe I'm not paying attention to his teeth but paying attention to the way he plays the game. I'm a big fan of him and I think he plays the game with more intensity than 90% of the players out there. Also if the owners of the teams are willing to pay these athletes their large salaries then so be it. Honestly, who in the working force doesn't want to make as much money as they can? I know my a$$ wouldn't turn down a large salary because of what anyone else thinks especially if me and my employer feels I deserve it.

~I'm ya huckleberry~
~516rwhp/500rwtq~

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yC11NCGTEvI

Last edited by 6QTS11OZ; 01-19-2010 at 06:15 AM.
post #9 of 59 (permalink) Old 01-19-2010, 01:04 AM Thread Starter

I wouldn't turn down any salary at this point.
post #10 of 59 (permalink) Old 01-19-2010, 08:46 AM
Super Moderator

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6QTS11OZ View Post
Ray Lewis has a gold tooth? Maybe it's another Ray Lewis in the league besides the Ravens' Ray Lewis or maybe I'm not paying attention to his teeth but paying attention to the way he plays the game. I'm a big fan of him and I think he plays the game with more intensity than 90% of the players out there. Also if the owners of the teams are willing to pay these athletes their large salaries then so be it. Honestly, who in the working force doesn't want to make as much money as they can? I know my a$$ wouldn't turn down a large salary because of what anyone else thinks especially if me and my employer feels I deserve it.
I didn't mean persay Ray Lewis was a gold tooth, there are gold tooths out there the most dubious honor goes to Chad Johnson or whatever he wants to call himself. My point to that remark was: Guys struggle to make ends meat and give some of their money to these clowns and the money made by many is squandered in gold teeth. I can't stand Ray Lewis he's an example of cockiness gone rouge in the NFL. I am not a fan of cocky and arrogance in people he is one who defines it. IMO. But while you bring up Ray Lewis: While so much attention was paid to Michael Vick and his descent from a QB Icon to Public enemy #1, not near as much attention was paid to Lewis when he was involved in a murder. It dropped damn fast. I watch his childish dances in pregame and think, no wonder kids who play at the midget levels and in some High School get flagged for their Lewis like dances, they pick this up from him.

I am generalizing here but Lewis along with the Michael Irvins, Pac Man Jones, Deion Sanders, T.O's and I can go on and on and on have taken the decorum of the game and transformed a class league to the likes of what we see now. This all started under Paul Taglibeau. Pre Tag Rozelle would never have put up with the shenanigans he allowed. There was a higher decorum to the game. The Fun Bunch and Billy White Shoes Johnson was about as wacky as there was and it wasn't Penalize worthy. In fact it was lame compared to these guys today. They are paid to produce and when they do they act like a 10 year old. But when a 10 year old celebrates he is expected to act like an adult or the team gets a 15 yarder assessed to them. I know, I coached 14 them years. It wasn't always easy trying to get a kid to leave Deon Sanders at home.

If you look at the players of say the 60's and look at most today, you can see how the culture from then to now has changed. With it.... excessive drugs, rap sheets, guys working their way out of the ghetto and bringing the ghetto to the NFL. They are so patronized they think they are untouchable until they are caught. Right Plexico Burris?

Then comes along Rodger Goodell. He is working to clean up this puke. But ya got the NFLPA fighting to keep the hood in the game. When he levies fines and suspensions to these clowns, the union cries foul. I'd like to see hair management, he talked about it last season but no rules governing it were instituted. Its unsightly and a safety issue and its filtered to the NCAA. Maybe he will get a handle on it. Can't stop the tattoos and the thug looks many are decorated with but at least make it so you can read their name on their shirt.

Many like the evolution of the NFL. For me, the aforementioned helped ruin it along with the out of control salaries. Personally I will not justify giving money to a guy making 1.2 mil a year. I will stick with the NCAA. Those players aren't that corrupted yet.

President: GTO Association of America
www.gtoaa.org

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > Off Topic Discussions > The Lounge

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in