One In A Million Coincedence - Pontiac GTO Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-22-2005, 10:27 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
One In A Million Coincedence

Went up to the Napa Valley this weekend.

On Sunday, headed out on Mount Veeder Road to stop at Chateau Potelle for the wife (it's one of her favorite wineries). This road is way off the beaten path -- and is a hoot to drive.

Absolutely picture perfect day. Great driving road (canyon with elevation changes and lots of turns). Nobody around. We're buzzing around a corner when a guy in a perfect mid-1960's GTO convertible shoots by the other way. Red with white interior. We both looked at each other as we went by.

Later on, we stopped by the Rutherford Grill. Guess who's there. Parked next to the car -- but couldn't find the driver because the place was an absolute madhouse. Would've left a card -- but ran out earlier in the day.

What was interesting is that there were all kinds of great cars tooling around the Valley all weekend. The big buck Ferraris, Astons and Bentleys were out in force -- but there were also tons of Mustang GTs and Chargers floating around, too. And there were some pretty amazing classics. There was a 1954 Cadillac coupe in the Beringer Vineyard parking lot that looked like it just came from the factory.

All in all, not a bad weekend...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-23-2005, 12:12 AM

Cool story. I love Napa, my woman and I went there not too long ago for some wine tasting and ate at a great restaurant with a kind of wierd name. Would you happen to know what restaurant I am talking about? Anways, it was a great time, good wine too. I can't wait to take the GTO on a road trip when I get it.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-23-2005, 06:35 AM

NAPA has their own valley? I geuss they can afford it with their over priced parts. What part do you live in?
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-23-2005, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvergoat05
NAPA has their own valley? I geuss they can afford it with their over priced parts.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-23-2005, 02:48 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevnR6
I went there not too long ago for some wine tasting and ate at a great restaurant with a kind of wierd name.
Where was it? On the main highway? Was it in St. Helena or Yountville? There are restaurants all over the place. Tra Vigne comes to mind...

Silverado Trail from Napa to Calistoga's a great ride -- as is Oakville Grade over the hills into the Sonoma Valley. Definitely a great place for a GTO.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-23-2005, 05:41 PM

I love the wine country, before I bought the gto I doubled as a limo driver that would take groups for tours around napa.

However, Me + 400HP + Drinking = Mass Casualties.

But, Me + Drinking =

Me + 400HP(when it works)=
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-23-2005, 05:42 PM

Yountville is unbelievable
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-23-2005, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StocktonRaider
Yountville is unbelievable

I lived in Yountville for about 6 months when i was in the police academy, right when i got back from Iraq. I love it up there, when i retire I will retire up there with any luck, and a few million dollars.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-23-2005, 07:55 PM
Super Moderator

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Garage
NAPA Valley was named after NAPA sold its 1 billionth car part. If you take a plane ride over the valley you will notice that all the roads are shaped like car parts. At an elevation of about 7000 feet you will notice that the trees are planted in such a fashion that it actually spells..... NAPA.

Oh yea..... some wineries decided to set up shop there to fragrant the valley. If you stop in at any winery for taste testing, you will receive a NAPA cap. The wineries there pay a royalty to NAPA so they can grow grapes.

I'll take a starter, alternator, and a gallon of your finest Boones Farm Apple Wine there .........Garson.

President: GTO Association of America
www.gtoaa.org

post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-23-2005, 08:29 PM

Do they grow domestic parts there as well. Is every thing painted blue and yellow and nothing in stock? But we can have it the next day.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > Off Topic Discussions > The Lounge

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in