Parts piling up in my bedroom - Pontiac GTO Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-27-2005, 12:13 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Parts piling up in my bedroom

Hey everybody, this winter I plan on rebuilding my Mustang II's motor, transmission, and rearend in my basement. I've got a bunch of boxes sitting in my room and I just couldn't resist taking everything out and snapping off a pic. Enjoy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-27-2005, 02:08 PM

......looks like you have a lot of work to do!!
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-27-2005, 03:14 PM

O man you know what would be sweet! Re-build the motor, install it in the car... then dump gasoline and lighter fluid all over the car (about 20gallons worth) - stand back - and shoot a flare gun at the car. All the while make sure you're taping this and post it on the forums here for all of our personal enjoyment. I'm sure you'd earn tons of respect across the entire GTO world
post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-27-2005, 03:24 PM

Send a message via AIM to ftlfirefighter Send a message via Yahoo to ftlfirefighter
Rice, that was really mean bro!! I've got respect for anyone who restores any car, alot of blood, sweat and tears goes into such a project.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-27-2005, 03:29 PM

You know, we all share a passion..... enjoying performance vehicles..... and while it may not be a GTO and it may not be cool to us, you do have to respect the guy. At least he's trying, hell I'd rather see someone do an intake and cam swap in a Mustang II than see a kid throw a 4" can on the back of his Civic any day of the week!
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-27-2005, 05:03 PM

Not a flame...really...just curious.

If you are going thorugh the time, blood, and expense to soup up / restore a vintage American car, isn't the Pinto-based Mustang II an, erm, odd choice?

Just askin'.

Welcome to the Forum!

Last edited by Groucho; 07-27-2005 at 05:05 PM.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-27-2005, 06:14 PM

A friend of mine had a Mustang II while we were in high school. 3 of us took a trip to the Jersey shore in it in 1982. It was a 74 in a lime green color with a 4 cyl 4speed. Most of the way there we hit a skunk. Problem was the car was so rusted that there was a hole in the trunk. Part of the remains of the skunk, including the odor glands, entered the trunk through that hole. That was the end of our vacation. That's my Mustang II story.
I still think the King Cobras were neat, but I also have fond memories of my 78 Dodge Magnum. Well I guess I just pi**ed away my credibility on anything automotive.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-27-2005, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fergyflyer
Well I guess I just pi**ed away my credibility on anything automotive.
Actually, your previously-stated love of the F-Body Z28 long ran that bladder dry...

Oh, I kid because I care.

That is one freakin' funny skunk v. Mustang story though!

I am curious as to the allure of the Mustang II because as a young lad I had a hand-me-down rustbucket four-speed 1972 Pinto. Yes, it was a steaming pile of crap but it taught me much in the ways of keeping a car running. It actually performed yeoman's work as it shuttled myself and my ne'er-do-well surf-rat buddies to Oahu's North Shore for many a dawn patrol...

post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-27-2005, 06:35 PM

One of my friends here actually piled roughly $10k in mods and such onto an old Pinto, but that's a story for a different time.

I can understand the whole thing about rebuilding the car and I give him props for that. I just don't quite see why he needs to post it here on a GM/Pontiac/GTO forum instead of on the Mustang forums.... eh nevermind that. On the Mustang forums they'd prolly say something more like "Yo man. Why are you putting that much time into an old stang. You should get a body kit and spoiler instead!"

So with that in mind, I can understand why he posts here cause most of the people on here arent short-minded ricers
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-27-2005, 07:48 PM

yes I love GM but im also a big fan of the 5.0 and i have plans on an engine swap on my ol' explorer as soon as the goat is paid for, and ya have to agree dollar for dollar the 4 spd five o stang was a mean ride for there time and i do respect a person that rebuilds a classic, ford, chevy, dodge yeah even a pinto, cause any guy can buy a hot rod it takes a real man to build one, so (cam) build her hot, and run her cool bro.

"Sheila" 1/322
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > Off Topic Discussions > The Lounge

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in