Please help! - Pontiac GTO Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-05-2009, 09:17 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Please help!

My 23 year old cousin is in the hospital after his home was broken into and robbed.He was found on Sept.18 with 2 gun shot wounds in the head,but survived.The doctors say he should be dead,thank God he isn't!
Here is the article the day after he was found... Man found shot - journal-news.net | News, sports, jobs, community information for Martinsburg - The Journal

He lost 1 eye and the doctors thought he may not see out of his other since the 1 bullet is in the part of the brain that controls sight,but as of today he is showing signs of being able to see out of it.

He was missing for 2 days before his best friend found him in the woods behind his home.The doctors said that they could tell by his dehydration that he must have been laying there from 24 to 48 hours.

He was flown to an area hospital by helicopter then transported again by helicopter to another hospital farther away.

They have not found the ones that did this yet and we do not know why anyone could do such a thing to such a great kid.He would give the shirt off his back to someone in need.He was always working on someones car and never asked anything in return.A few weeks before this incident he installed my new suspension and was looking forward to future projects.

Growing up his Father was not in the picture and I was the only Father figure he had.He was referred to as my little shadow because everywhere I went he was there,he was always with me.
I can't tell you how devastated I when I found out what happened to him and still am.

His Mother got the helicopter bill for the further trip to the about a week and a half ago and it totaled $20,000.A few days ago she received another for over $13,000 plus one for the emergency room for over $6000.
I can't even think about how much the bill for his stay at the hospital he is in now will cost,he's been there for over 2 weeks and will not be getting out anytime soon.

My cousin did not have any insurance because he worked at a small garage that did not offer it.His Mother is having a hard time financially and with trying to stay near him during his hospital stay.

I am asking anyone and everyone for donations to help his family during this very trying time,but if not please keep him in your thoughts and prayers so that he make come out of this.

If you would like to donate you can send it to PayPal account [email protected] and I will forward it to the family or you can pm me for their address so you can send it that way.They do not have a PayPal account or I'd list it instead of my own.

And please guys anything no matter how small will go a long ways and it will help my cousins Mother out greatly.

THANK YOU AND GOD BLESS YOU!!!!!!!!!!!

Mods if you do not want this thread to be posted please delete it,I'm just trying to help my cousins family anyway I can.

Performance:230/232 .614 .602 114 cam,Kooks 1 3/4 headers/catted mids,Spintech,CSP ported intake/tb,UDP,tune by CSP.

Suspension:Pedders big bore shocks,GSR II struts,Lovells RR bushings,Kings 0 drop rears/20mm drop fronts.

Last edited by ROBSGTO; 10-06-2009 at 05:09 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-06-2009, 01:51 AM

It's not 3% exact It's pretty much 2$ for every 50$, Why does that matter though?
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-06-2009, 05:07 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJGTOWISH View Post
It's not 3% exact It's pretty much 2$ for every 50$, Why does that matter though?
Well I guess it doesn't really matter,I have taken that out.Anything would help even if a fee is deducted.

Performance:230/232 .614 .602 114 cam,Kooks 1 3/4 headers/catted mids,Spintech,CSP ported intake/tb,UDP,tune by CSP.

Suspension:Pedders big bore shocks,GSR II struts,Lovells RR bushings,Kings 0 drop rears/20mm drop fronts.
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-06-2009, 07:27 AM
Former Super Moderator

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
My prayers go out to the family. After losing my first wife to a 6 + month battel with cancer I know about out of control hospital bills! Good luck.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-06-2009, 09:22 AM
Super Moderator

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Garage
Contract your local legislator for help, or suggestions and I am not being funny either.
People without hospital insurance have some recourse, check the options in this case.

President: GTO Association of America
www.gtoaa.org

post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-06-2009, 03:13 PM Thread Starter

Thanks guys.

post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-06-2009, 09:12 PM Thread Starter

Thank you very much AlaGreyGoat for the donation,it will be forwarded to my cousins' mother asap.........God bless you!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > Off Topic Discussions > The Lounge

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in