Post Gto !!! - Pontiac GTO Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-15-2006, 11:35 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Post Gto !!!

Okay so as everybody knows the last of the GTO line has been shipped. The GTO will not be back until 2007 but that is just for showroom purposes. The GTO will be on sale for the 2008 year. As this is a hot debate, about what the concept looks like whether or not to buy it. I personally hate the concept. Unless they keep the look they have now and just vamp it up with a sporty appearance and a little more power , I will not be buying the 2008 GTO. Sorry. I will either buy the , and you will probably hate me for this.... but will probably buy the 2008 Nissan GT-R, and make it into a killer. Or maybe buy the new commodore concept and make that a killer, or finally maybe a brand new Lancer Evolution and make that a killer. So are you gonna stick with the new GTO concept or buy a new car until they come back with the GTO like now ? I will always be a GTO fan, and will wait till they come out with a good GTO. But if they keep the new GTO look now and make it with a sporty look I will make that a 700 + hp killer, sooner or later.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-16-2006, 12:48 AM

I'm not sure 100% if i will buy it or not. I will most likely buy one though. A gto is a gto.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-16-2006, 10:32 AM Thread Starter

yea

Yeah, a GTO is a GTO , no matter what it looks like. I have to say though that the GTO concept looks really stupid. They need to keep the GTO how it is now but maybe with a sports appearance look to it, and maybe a sunroof option. Here is some reasons why I picked the three cars that I did.

Commodore : The new Commodore concept may be a 4 door sedan but with some 700 odd horsepower would make it a family sedan beast. It looks better than the GTO concept.

Nissan GT-R : Being a Japanese car .... it is awesome. I like the GT-R concept better than the GTO aslo. The Car is gonna have 480 Hp stock which is good but over 500 in torque I believe. It is gonna be sold in America and a price of 70K. It is an amazing road course car and overall great speed and has what it takes to be modded to its full extent.

Lancer Evolution : Has somewhat of a sleek apperance. Has amazing handling skills. Does 0-62 mph in 4.5 seconds and can run high 12's - low 13's stock. Very underated, and can do 175mph for top speed.

BTW, what is up with everyone going to the old school look ? I mean some cars are meant for it and others are not. The GTO is not, the T/A is not but the camaro and mustang look good in the old time look.

BTW THE PICS AT THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE ARE OF THE NEW COMMODORE CONCEPT PICTURES.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	5b105dbestssshot10jn.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	22.1 KB
ID:	454   Click image for larger version

Name:	5b115dssoverheadshot18kk.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	43.5 KB
ID:	455   Click image for larger version

Name:	5b155dsssideon14pi.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	24.1 KB
ID:	456  
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-16-2006, 08:47 PM

I can't wait for the new Challenger,Camaro and GTO......I might even be able to afford a used 06 Z06 in a few years who knows
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-16-2006, 09:13 PM

Neither. I'm keeping the GTO I have. Period.

I tend to hold onto cars a LONG time. One car I had I put over 300,000 miles on it, and I still see it on the road occasionally 6 years after I sold it (same distinctive scratch on the trunk is still there, so I know I'm looking at Ol' Red...)

Jim Miller.

Current cars:
'06 GTO Phantom Black, M6, 18"
'02 Saab 9-5 Aero
'93 900 Turbo Commemorative Edition, #116 of 325 built, restored and modified
'91 900 Turbo Special Edition Convertible, undergoing restoration
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-16-2006, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTJimbO
Neither. I'm keeping the GTO I have. Period.

I tend to hold onto cars a LONG time. One car I had I put over 300,000 miles on it, and I still see it on the road occasionally 6 years after I sold it (same distinctive scratch on the trunk is still there, so I know I'm looking at Ol' Red...)

Jim Miller.

Current cars:
'06 GTO Phantom Black, M6, 18"
'02 Saab 9-5 Aero
'93 900 Turbo Commemorative Edition, #116 of 325 built, restored and modified
'91 900 Turbo Special Edition Convertible, undergoing restoration
Same here, I, too, keep my cars for a long time, that's why I purchase instead of lease. I'm still hanging on to my 1990 IROC-Z even though the GTO has replaced it as my fun car so it has become my "restoration" project.

I've always liked the looks of the Monaro/GTO and it's one of the reasons why I bought my GTO.
I sure hope the new GTO isn't some crappy looking retro.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > Off Topic Discussions > The Lounge

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in