The Press Fails on Toyota Again - Pontiac GTO Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-27-2010, 06:57 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
The Press Fails on Toyota Again

So I read the USA Today at lunch. Yes I was bored.

They are commending Toyota.

They are comparing Toyota to Tylenol.

Well they fail on that one. Tylenol was an outside force adding poisin to their product. So they recalled and removed product. Toyota has a design defect so they have caused their own problem. Toyota controlled their own destiny.

The real kick in the nuts is they are blaming a US company for their problems now. Toyota approved the design from CTS industries for the gas pedal assembly. Toyota is responsible for quality control. CTS only makes what Toyota tells them to.

I guess after my brothers's 2006 Avalon, I have a bad taste for Toyota's. His Avalon went to the dealer 42 times in 36 months. Mostly different problems. Delaminated windshield. Water leaks. Computers replaced. Oil leaks from various places. Seat heaters not working. Radio not working. Trim falling off. Constant problems.

Then you see the problems they had with the new Tundra when it came out. Then you read Car and Driver and they have trim pieces fall off, rattles, trim not lined up and cupholders falling out in a new Camry. Then they recall more vehicles than GM, Chrysler and Ford combined and they get a free pass and a pat on the back about how good they are.

Sorry, Toyota is GM 25 years ago.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-27-2010, 07:44 PM

Outstanding. Toyota sucks now anyway because all they make are bland consumer class products.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-27-2010, 08:06 PM

I have a new HATE for jap junk
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-28-2010, 08:28 AM
Super Moderator

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Garage
Times they have changed.

1985: Purchased a Toyota Pick up Truck 4x2. Drove it of the lot drove it back in 1988 to custom order my Toyota 4Runner. NEVER a problem. It was dependable the quality was second to no one. Was a great truck

1988: Toyota 4Runner 4x4, the only issue I had with it was the head gasket failing after warranty and it cost me 400 clams, other than that NOT ONE ISSUE. This truck to this day, is mechanically sound it runs like new, NO leaks plenty of pep. 100,200 miles.

I planned on keeping this truck til kingdom come so I purchased the Rusty Jones rust proof package, no one told me they were at that time in bankruptcy court, I never asked who does? 3 months later they went out of business, I lost 300 clams and despite my outrage etc I was out that money.

I also had TST 5000 Teflon paint sealer applied to it, I credit that for making the paint shine for the first 13 years. Now, its rusting apart. It is a back up vehicle for my boys and me. Both want it, I have had no less than a dozen people over the years knock on my door or leave a note on the truck expressing interest to buy it. I just cannot bring myself to sell it. Its only worth on paper about 1K. I thought about restoring it, it will take in my estimation a good 8K in body and paint, its just not worth it for a 1K valued vehicle. I am at a crossroad with it and will sell it come spring. I was just offered 2K for it last week. I want more than that. Piece mealing it will yield me more but I have no place to tear it apart. The 22R motor is outstanding along with the rear end and transfer case. I tried many times to get this stuck in snow and it just plowed through, 2 feet of snow was nothing for this thing.

I don't think anything Toyota makes now can compete with that vehicle, they had a desire back then and were driven to become the best, once they got there I believe complacency took over and look at them now. I agree with Ferg.. they are GM 25 yrs ago.

I can vision John Belushi portraying: Samurai Toyota CEO as he did with Samurai delicatessen owner and Samurai Night Fever. Now that would be hilarious.

President: GTO Association of America
www.gtoaa.org

post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-28-2010, 10:16 PM Thread Starter

Breaking news, CTS did not supply any pedal assemblies for vehicles sold in Europe or China and they are recalling the Rav4 in China and a bunch of vehicles in Europe. They have also increased the count in America to 11 million vehicles affected by this.

CTS also has now publically declared they did not supply all the pedals that are in the recal and that they have been working with Toyota to revise the design. Doesn't sound like they are to blame.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-29-2010, 02:36 PM

I wish that Toyota would just take the blame and not a company that built what they wanted
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-29-2010, 02:45 PM

In my family i have a 79 Chevy 3/4 ton truck that i use to plow snow and as a work truck. This truck has 380000 miles on it still has the 350 it had when my dad bought new. I have put a couple trannies in it, but other than wearables she has been one hell of a truck.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > Off Topic Discussions > The Lounge

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in