Priceless Moments...I gotta share!! - Pontiac GTO Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-04-2006, 11:37 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Priceless Moments...I gotta share!!

To start this off, we live in a small town and so everyone pretty much knows everyone.

For me so far the best moment was coming out of the grocery store one evening and seeing a local guy pull onto the parking lot with his '86 camaro. I walk over to my car get in and wait for him to get out of his camaro. As luck would have it he parked behind me and across the traffic lane about 4 spaces down.

I'm sitting there in the Goat watching in the rear view mirror for him to get out and when he finally does, I let him take a few steps away from his car and then I fire the Goat up and rev her just a bit and just watch him as I back her out of the parking place and take off.

It was great, he could not take his eyes off of her and I thought he was gonna walk right smack into the rearend of another car. It's pretty cool cause my hubby and I are the only ones around here to own one of these cars. The closest local one to us is about 30 miles away. So it makes it that much more fun. Most people around here had never actually gotten to see(only in magazines) a new generation goat until we got ours in January.

Another one about a week ago, I'm sitting at a stop light in a nearby town and a guy comes around the corner and does a double take (literally) and then stares at the car, if there had been anyone in front of him they would have been a$$ ended for sure!!!

I Love owning this work of art!!!!!!!!!!!

Can anyone share similar types of stories??

Monica
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-05-2006, 01:10 AM

Had a bunch from when i had the camaro, best one i think was when i was driving down a 2 lane road with another 2 lane across the median, and this CLEAN white 68' camaro with black stripes was going the opposite direction. My car was white too. We exchanged glances, it was like a movie.

Also this one time i was at a light, about to turn (two left turn lanes) and this riced out, 80 something celica or whatever pulled up blaring some kind of rap. I was listening to Green Day so i turned that up. When we turned and got on the same road he gunned it, when he was about 1 car out i hit somewhere between 1/2 and 3/4 throttle, just blew past him, got up to 60 and slowed back down, he started doing a little flyby so i tapped it again and pulled away again. It was fun. Like a dog and a chew toy you know?

then me and a T/A were kind of playing around, never got out of traffic enough to race though so we just paced each other for about 5 miles, then he popped a U and i had to keep going. Kind of anticlimactic but i appreciated the gesture.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-05-2006, 08:36 PM

I live in a small town too, so I encounter a lot of people who haven't ever seen a GTO in person either. The odd part is that I've had both men and women of all ages complement me about it...the car transcends age/race/religion boundaries. That's truly the measure of a great car when a 16 year old is as excited about it as a 61 year old. My grandmother, who is coming up on 80 years old this year (although she swears this is her 39th birthday...*again*) absolutely LOVES the car.
There's a kid who works at the local convenience store who is in love with the car. Every time he sees me, he begs me to do another burnout (after five consecutive burnouts when I leave his shop, you think he'd get enough...).
I also had a whole gang of high school kids around it one day a month or so ago who had never seen one before either, thay had a ton of questions for me. When I came out of the gas station, I could barely even see the car, there were that many kids gathered around...mostly guys around 16-17 years old, but several girls too.
There's one particular gas station here in town, which is right off our main highway here, which I cannot stop at without playing 20 questions with someone or other. 90% of the time I don't mind...I love talking about the goat, but occasionally I'm in a hurry or the people waiting to fill their tanks behind me are in a hurry so I can't talk for as long as I'd like.
It doesn't seem to matter what kind of car the people drive who are looking at the goat either. I've had mustang drivers, old truckers, a cadillac driver, and even the driver of a school bus (who had just finished his route).
It's so nice to have a car like this that isn't run of the mill. I'd imagine the 05 mustang guys got this for the first couple of weeks, but now you can't even turn around without seeing another new mustang driving by. Some are interesting, like the one on this site...one_focused_SVT's car. However, most are identical to the rest, and boring.
I guess the mega bright yellow jacket yellow color makes people take notice too. I've still never met someone with Xanthophobia, the fear of yellow. I hope whenever I do, it's a mustang driver or a ricer...or one of those IDIOTS who pulls out in front of me and then does 35 in a 55. hehe
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-05-2006, 09:19 PM

I was in Darlington for the race last May (which should still be on Labor Day weekend, but that's another argument for another time).

I was driving my black '04, stopped at a red light when a guy driving a "24" car (a late-90s Monte Carlo painted in Jeff Gordon's old rainbow paint scheme) came thru the intersection on my right and turned left onto my street, heading in the opposite direction from me.

His car had what sounded like no exhaust and a V8 even though Chevy never put V8s in those cars (maybe it was heavily modified, or even an old race car?).

Even driving that attention-grabber, his eyes were fixed on my Goat the whole time, thought that was kind of funny.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-06-2006, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigNick
I was in Darlington for the race last May (which should still be on Labor Day weekend, but that's another argument for another time).

I was driving my black '04, stopped at a red light when a guy driving a "24" car (a late-90s Monte Carlo painted in Jeff Gordon's old rainbow paint scheme) came thru the intersection on my right and turned left onto my street, heading in the opposite direction from me.

His car had what sounded like no exhaust and a V8 even though Chevy never put V8s in those cars (maybe it was heavily modified, or even an old race car?).

Even driving that attention-grabber, his eyes were fixed on my Goat the whole time, thought that was kind of funny.
V8 envy!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > Off Topic Discussions > The Lounge

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in