This is a few simple steps to help get America back on track again. Yes, it soudns harse, but what choices do we have when we don't have cash?
1. stop allowing immigrants into the country since there is no job market
2. everyone with work Visa's should be given 90 days to return to their home country, pending some speciality jobs that may not be able to be filled. Amernicans work in America and spend the money here, not send it oversea's to help other countries economies
3. stop sending aid to other countries except it dreastic desasters; don't help countries that can't self sustain
4. get rid of deficit by only spending money avail on hand, none of this 'putting stuff on credit' crap.
5. bring most of our troops home. We don't need to be in X amount of countries doing nothing. If their people won't fight for themselfs why should we fight for them. Let them live like dogs if thats the life they are willing to accept.
*6. I SAY THIS WITH A GRAIN OF SALT AS THIS COULD FAIL BIG TIME BUT COULD ALSO HELP PAY DOWN THE DEFICIT ALOT TOO--- legalize drugs and tax the crap out of it. Make the crime so horrible for people with illegal substances that they will not even wanna buying it on the streets. Anything we size illegally sell it and tax it back to the people. No matte what we do, people will also use, so why not profit from their dumb asses?
Even the ones I disgaree with I'm still more in line with you than not. Some great ideas.
1. I disagree. I think we should continue to allow immigrants that bring value to our country. We should allow intelligent, hard working people to experience the opportunity that is America. But that is a limited number. Illegals need to go.
2. I disagree. See above, there are certain people that will benefit this country and they should be allowed into the US. We should encourage people to come here that are willing to contribute to making our country better.
3. I disagree to an extent. We get great benefits by helping some countries. We should send foriegn aid to those countries and where disasters hit. We need to take the money we send in foriegn aid and use it to help people here.
4 and 5. If we froze our spending at current levels, we could balance the budget in about 5 years. It would take us more than 25 to pay off our debt. How about looking at things we don't need. The department of education is a duplicate of one each and every state has. Eliminate the federal department. The department of energy was established to lower our dependence on foriegn oil. It's failed. Eliminate it. Welfare, public assistance, et al.... Put a lifetime limit of five years on public assistance/ aid to familes. This would be a hand up not a hand out. Bringing our troops back might be a good idea in some cases, but in others we need to look at national security. We need to make it mandatory that all persons serve 2 years in the military. From 18-20. No college deferments, no special elite privleges. The government would then think twice about sending kids to war when the rich and famous and their kids will be the ones fighting. The people will be more involved if it's their kids, nephews nieces and such fighting.
6. Personal responsibility. If you use drugs and ruin your life you will pay the price. Regulate them and tax them, but let people make the smart choice. It works with alcohol, it will work with other drugs too.
7. The US government is the largest landlord and the largest landowner in the world. If we would sell 10% of our land holdings then we would be able to pay off our total national debt. The people that bought this land would develope it. In developing it there would be new roads, new buildings and tons of economic activity. This would end the recession. Our tax base would increase and we would have a surplus since we wouldn't need to pay interest on our debt. This would allow us to have a tax cut. That would spur more economic activity.
8. Refocus our tax priorities. When this nation was founded the federal government got all of it's income from import tarriffs. We need to rethink our tax system. We need to reduce our income tax burden by increasing our import tarriffs. This will spur a buy America movement since our goods will be cheaper. This will increase our employment. We also need to eliminate corporate income tax so companies will relocate here. With no Corporate income tax, American companies will be able to produce goods for less and sell more over seas. We would need to make sure our import tarriffs were in line with other countries to avoid trade wars. We could supplement the tax shortfall with a small sales tax on non essential items.