Roush Blower - Pontiac GTO Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-02-2006, 07:19 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Roush Blower

Ok this is not GTO but I enjoyed the show. I just saw a Roush super charger install on 06 Mustang on HP TV on air again tomorrow 9/3. Nice kit clean install and fit, makes 100+ HP and doesnít void warrantee only 6K. Wish there were a kit for GTO as nice as this one and didnít void warrantee.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-02-2006, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden
Ok this is not GTO but I enjoyed the show. I just saw a Roush super charger install on 06 Mustang on HP TV on air again tomorrow 9/3. Nice kit clean install and fit, makes 100+ HP and doesnít void warrantee only 6K. Wish there were a kit for GTO as nice as this one and didnít void warrantee.
Funny, I just finished watching this off the ol' TiVO before I came online. New episodes of that show are scarse. Anyway, the install was nice but I was a bit dissapointed at the gains myself. $6000 they said the dropped on this, and it has a complex (by comparison) water intercooler to produce around 100HP gain. In contrast the Procharger kit for the GTO is air intercooled, installs under the hood like it is factory (unlike the Vortech) and gets you a 200+ gain for the same price. So, I think you can get a nicer kit for your goat but your warranty is going bye-bye.
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-02-2006, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMVorbeck
Funny, I just finished watching this off the ol' TiVO before I came online. New episodes of that show are scarse. Anyway, the install was nice but I was a bit dissapointed at the gains myself. $6000 they said the dropped on this, and it has a complex (by comparison) water intercooler to produce around 100HP gain. In contrast the Procharger kit for the GTO is air intercooled, installs under the hood like it is factory (unlike the Vortech) and gets you a 200+ gain for the same price. So, I think you can get a nicer kit for your goat but your warranty is going bye-bye.
but to get the pro to do that kind of hp, you"ll have to change the pulley and raise the psi up to around 16 psi and then at that psi you have to look to do some crank and rod work to keep it all together. I like maggie( do you think she like me)
post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-02-2006, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnz
but to get the pro to do that kind of hp, you"ll have to change the pulley and raise the psi up to around 16 psi and then at that psi you have to look to do some crank and rod work to keep it all together. I like maggie( do you think she like me)
Thats not what they are advertising. Click this link Tbyrne and choose "Superchargers" from the left and then scroll to the "ATI Supercharger" section and read there. I have no first hand knowledge to support the claims but, thats what they are claiming.
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-02-2006, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMVorbeck
Thats not what they are advertising. Click this link Tbyrne and choose "Superchargers" from the left and then scroll to the "ATI Supercharger" section and read there. I have no first hand knowledge to support the claims but, thats what they are claiming.
just gave it look, it don't say any think about that. but this is what I here about the gto. plus have a freind that through a rod on his lighting. because he put on to small of a pulley. and the motor couldn't handle it(he was doing a 125 mph when it blew up) I thought that they had the dyno specs for the pro. mite of been a differant site.
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-03-2006, 09:22 AM

Quote:
just gave it look, it don't say any think about that. but this is what I here about the gto. plus have a freind that through a rod on his lighting. because he put on to small of a pulley. and the motor couldn't handle it(he was doing a 125 mph when it blew up) I thought that they had the dyno specs for the pro. mite of been a differant site.
I dunno where you got the info from . I did 474 to the wheels with my Procharger on my 05 on a hot (97+) day with the kit as-it came- that is about 145 or so over the average stock dyno numbers- again, this was on a hot day with a poor tune and no fans. I have since changed the pulley and added alky and did 546 to the wheels with a still poor tune (will be getting done this week). A procharger with a good tune will easily make ~175 or so over stock- especially with good supporting mods. My car was 100% bone stock (manifolds, cats, fuel pump and all) with the blower when it did the 546. I just installed the Kooks and will be doing a pump and retune this week and should get upper 5's out of it...

As for "blowing up at 125", tell him to learn to tune and not overboost and he'll be fine- it has nothing to do with the brand of blower, just how it is used . That's like blaming the gun here.....
Joe
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-03-2006, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwiktsi
I dunno where you got the info from . I did 474 to the wheels with my Procharger on my 05 on a hot (97+) day with the kit as-it came- that is about 145 or so over the average stock dyno numbers- again, this was on a hot day with a poor tune and no fans. I have since changed the pulley and added alky and did 546 to the wheels with a still poor tune (will be getting done this week). A procharger with a good tune will easily make ~175 or so over stock- especially with good supporting mods. My car was 100% bone stock (manifolds, cats, fuel pump and all) with the blower when it did the 546. I just installed the Kooks and will be doing a pump and retune this week and should get upper 5's out of it...

As for "blowing up at 125", tell him to learn to tune and not overboost and he'll be fine- it has nothing to do with the brand of blower, just how it is used . That's like blaming the gun here.....
Joe
thanx, for posting. you had given me some info awhile back when I first started to look at blowers.I didn't think that the procharger made that much hp at 8 psi. good to here it strait from the birds mouth. that guy with the lighting think he has a whipple not the pro. I just worry about killing my motor with over powering the bottom end. I'll have to rethink what charger to put in. can you tell me what psi your at now and didn't you have the dyno chart from your gto, thanx again

Last edited by burnz; 09-03-2006 at 11:33 AM.
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-03-2006, 11:37 AM

Quote:
thanx, for posting. you had given me some info awhile back when I first started to look at blowers.I didn't think that the procharger made that much hp at 8 psi. good to here it strait from the birds mouth. that guy with the lighting think he has a whipple not the pro. I just worry about killing my motor with over powering the bottom end. I'll have to rethink what charger to put in. can you tell me what psi your at now and didn't you have the dyno chart from your gto, thanx again
No problem. It was actually around 6.5-7 psi when it did the 474 . I am running 10 psi with alky now. Here is the dynochart from my 543 run (keep thinking it was 546- it is 542.6 lol). Ignore the line on the 538 hp mark, we were checking to see where the car tarted leaning out and he left the marker up there. As you can see from the AFR on the bottom, it needs a new tune- I am still using the stock procharger tune that came with the blower lol.

If the tune is right and boost is kept reasonable, there is no reason you should blow the motor.
Joe
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	new graph.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	75.9 KB
ID:	597   Click image for larger version

Name:	new run numbers.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	26.8 KB
ID:	598  
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-03-2006, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwiktsi
No problem. It was actually around 6.5-7 psi when it did the 474 . I am running 10 psi with alky now. Here is the dynochart from my 543 run (keep thinking it was 546- it is 542.6 lol). Ignore the line on the 538 hp mark, we were checking to see where the car tarted leaning out and he left the marker up there.

If the tune is right and boost is kept reasonable, there is no reason you should blow the motor.
Joe
those are some good numbers. mabe the pro is the better way to go. since I will be putting it on myself, looks a bit easyer to do. plus like you told me the first time you can mod the pro more. thanx
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-04-2006, 04:42 AM

Ok, so do superchargers void our warranties or not? Are there certain ones that do where other don't? I keep reading different answers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > Off Topic Discussions > The Lounge

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in