Screw the AL DMV! - Pontiac GTO Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-25-2006, 02:54 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Screw the AL DMV!

Ok so I go to get my personalized plate for my GTO, lady was very nice no problem. Ask about transferring my FLA DL for a AL so I can get my concealed carry permit. Stand in that freaking line forever and get up there here is my FLA DL here is my passport and here is my military ID. NOT GOOD enough! "I don't take reserve militay ID!" I need your social security car. I say I havent seen it in years, but to take this because there is my SSN on it! "I don't accept reserve ID, only active duty!!!!" and we stop taking people at 3:30pm. I say it is 2:30, she says, I know what time it is. I say well 3:30 is like an hour away. She says we have all these people ahead of you(3 people) I say it takes an hour to do 3 people! Well you have to take a test. I say I just need to transfer, well then I will just need an eye test, if you think you can pass that! So I am like F you (in my head) I am a pilot that flies around the world and have to take a medical every 6 months! If I think I can pass that! WTF ever!All the while here is another DMV worker bending over backwards to help this so obvious ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT!!! Here I am a air force reservist and they will not "accept" my reserve ID!?!?!!? SOOOOOOO pissed right now!
Sorry had to get it out!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-25-2006, 02:56 PM Thread Starter

Oh ya, also my passport and FLA DL get my DL's in FOREIGN countries!!!!!!
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-25-2006, 03:15 PM

Ahhhh...but remember, according to John McCain, these "undocumented workers" are ONLY trying to get a better way of life. I guess you're just a white, privileged xenophobe huh?? (extreme sarcasm here )

He also wants us to pay them SS benefits in spite of those SS numbers being stolen or fake. Hmmmmm...I wonder who's SS number the illegal was using to get that license in front of you. Ever heard of identity theft, McCain? Speaking of which, here are the spineless Republicans who favor Amnesty and all the free benefits voting on this crap TODAY. (I don't have the list of Dems info since they typically support freebies for everyone anyway)
Also called the "Amnesty Republicans" -- Senators supporting Amnesty or uncommitted:

John McCain (AZ): (202) 224-2235
Lindsay Graham (SC): (202) 224-5972
Larry Craig (ID): (202) 224-2752
Chuck Hagel (NE): (202) 224-4224
Richard Lugar (IN): (202) 224-4814
Mel Martinez (FL): (202) 224-3041
Richard Shelby (AL): (202) 224-5744
Olympia Snowe (ME): 202) 224-5344
Arlen Specter (PA): (202) 224-4254
Ted Stevens (AK): (202) 224-3004
George Voinovich (OH): (202) 224-3353
John Warner (VA): (202) 224-2023
Robert Bennett (UT): (202) 224-5444
Sam Brownback (KS): (202) 224-6521
Lincoln Chafee (RI): (202) 224-2921
Norm Coleman (MN): (202) 224-5641
Susan Collins (ME) (202) 224-2523
Mike DeWine (OH): (202) 224-2315

Last edited by TexasAggie; 05-25-2006 at 04:57 PM.
post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-25-2006, 03:27 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to raven1124
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyer469
Ok so I go to get my personalized plate for my GTO, lady was very nice no problem. Ask about transferring my FLA DL for a AL so I can get my concealed carry permit. Stand in that freaking line forever and get up there here is my FLA DL here is my passport and here is my military ID. NOT GOOD enough! "I don't take reserve militay ID!" I need your social security car. I say I havent seen it in years, but to take this because there is my SSN on it! "I don't accept reserve ID, only active duty!!!!" and we stop taking people at 3:30pm. I say it is 2:30, she says, I know what time it is. I say well 3:30 is like an hour away. She says we have all these people ahead of you(3 people) I say it takes an hour to do 3 people! Well you have to take a test. I say I just need to transfer, well then I will just need an eye test, if you think you can pass that! So I am like F you (in my head) I am a pilot that flies around the world and have to take a medical every 6 months! If I think I can pass that! WTF ever!All the while here is another DMV worker bending over backwards to help this so obvious ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT!!! Here I am a air force reservist and they will not "accept" my reserve ID!?!?!!? SOOOOOOO pissed right now!
Sorry had to get it out!

Hey, welcome to the forum, fellow AF member here myself. I don't know what tell you about the DL but Alabama honors Flordia's conceal carry permit. Here is a site that will help you.

http://www.packing.org/
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-25-2006, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoreMoonShine
George Voinovich (OH): (202) 224-3353
Mike DeWine (OH): (202) 224-2315
Thanks for nothing!!! Actually less than nothing!!!

RINO's
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-25-2006, 05:17 PM Thread Starter

Hey, welcome to the forum, fellow AF member here myself. I don't know what tell you about the DL but Alabama honors Flordia's conceal carry permit. Here is a site that will help you.

Ya i know that and when i was living in FLA you could keep a gun in your car without crap from the pigs. But here in AL, most cops tell me you would not have a problem while others say I will arrest you,,whatever... FLA you have to either sit through a weekend coarse or have your dod214 which I got,,then pay $100, or more,, cant remeber? Then you have to basically register yourself with the fla government. Finger prints, picture. etc,,, worse than registering guns in my opinion. So it is easier to get it here in AL and it works in other states too.....
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-25-2006, 08:05 PM

I was real impressed with the Florida DMV when I moved here. They have a phone number you call to learn what you need to bring. Then you call another number to schedule an appointment. I showed up 15 minutes early and was out of the DMV with my new license before my scheduled time. It really was that easy. It took 8-10 minutes and they were friendly.

California wanted a birth certificate, a SS card, your other states license, proof that you hadn't been in the state longer than 20 or 30 days and you had to take a test. It took 2 trips and about 3 hours worth of time. Also the gun issue would be moot in California. You just wouldn't get the permit. As a matter of fact if an intruder was climbing in a window and you told him to stop or you would shoot him with your legally registered firearm, and he kept coming and you shot him you'd be in trouble there. The only time it is permissible in California to protect yourself is if you can't run away. You are not allowed to defend your property. Then if you stupidly only injured the guy you would be sued to death and living on the street.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-25-2006, 11:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyer469
Ya i know that and when i was living in FLA you could keep a gun in your car without crap from the pigs. But here in AL, most cops tell me you would not have a problem while others say I will arrest you,,whatever... FLA you have to either sit through a weekend coarse or have your dod214 which I got,,then pay $100, or more,, cant remeber? Then you have to basically register yourself with the fla government. Finger prints, picture. etc,,, worse than registering guns in my opinion. So it is easier to get it here in AL and it works in other states too.....
Yes it's easier to get a permit in Alabama. I personally don't have one from Alabama, I have one from GA. As far as them saying that they will arrest you, the law is the law. Just look over that site and print out the law if you have too. And by the way, I'm one of them pigs
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-26-2006, 11:19 AM
Don

Are you a 2W0X1?
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-26-2006, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don
Are you a 2W0X1?
I don't know if that was for me, but i'm a 3P0X1.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > Off Topic Discussions > The Lounge

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in