Shelby GT-500 - Pontiac GTO Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-16-2006, 06:51 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to ftlfirefighter Send a message via Yahoo to ftlfirefighter
Shelby GT-500

Hey all, I was at Maroone Ford buying an F-150 on Sunday and low n behold in the corner was a GT-500 convertible! As there was NO window sticker present I inquired as to the price and was told: "well, it'll likely go out the door for $25,000 Over sticker". I was like "well that doesn't tell me much other than I should just bend over and wait for the screwing of the century!" Needless to say I was floored.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-16-2006, 08:48 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to raven1124
Get use to it. The same thing is going to happen with the Camaro too.
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-16-2006, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ftlfirefighter
Hey all, I was at Maroone Ford buying an F-150 on Sunday and low n behold in the corner was a GT-500 convertible! As there was NO window sticker present I inquired as to the price and was told: "well, it'll likely go out the door for $25,000 Over sticker". I was like "well that doesn't tell me much other than I should just bend over and wait for the screwing of the century!" Needless to say I was floored.
Let's see...that should bring the price to around $70,000. I'd rather have 2 Goats.
Sorry. Count me out.

2006 IBM/Blue, m6, 18's.
post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-16-2006, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ftlfirefighter
That means the Corvette Vert is about $10,000 less. It handles better, stops better, is a lot faster, IMO looks better, gets a lot better mileage, and has more potential to modify to a lot higher performance level. Oh and you can get a decent discount off the sticker of one turning that 10k into 15k.

GT500= ??????????????? what were you thinking
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-16-2006, 10:12 PM

friend of mine who is fleet manager of a ford dealership called me about 2 weeks ago to check out this white w/blue stripes GT500 coupe that just came to the dealership, i asked to drive it but it was already pre sold, they were just detailing it, $20k over sticker, and the guy never even seen the car yet, wire transfer, paid in full.
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-17-2006, 09:53 AM

My first choice for a GT car was the Shelby. I waited and waited, and they finally started posting prices. Then I saw the stats. Not as good as I expected. My focus turned to the GTO, and the rest is history. I love my 6.0
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-17-2006, 10:29 AM

I know there is a brand new GT500 for sale cheap in Topeka. The owner was driving home with it and had a heart attack. Totaled the GT500
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-17-2006, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by raven1124
Add the new Dodge Challenger too. If they build it to look like the concept, man that's going to be a good looking car. This type of price-jacking is pretty standard on new cars that have a high demand. I remember when the PT Cruisers came out, around here people were ordering them in advance and then selling them in the newspaper for $5K more than they paid.

Last edited by kegbelly; 08-17-2006 at 10:42 AM.
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-17-2006, 11:48 AM Thread Starter

Send a message via AIM to ftlfirefighter Send a message via Yahoo to ftlfirefighter
Don't worry guys, I had no intention of buying the thing! It was just cool to finally see one for sale. As they say "a fool and his money are quickly parted" and anyone willing to pay a premium for the "privilege" to own the thing is a fool! I took the sales manager outside to show him the interior of the Goat as he said he'd never seen inside one before. He was VERY impressed and then understood why I'd laughed when he asked if I was going to trade mine in. Our cars are head and shoulders above any mustang for fit and finish! They're also a Saleen dealer and you'd be dumb struck to see what you get for $83,000 for a S281 Extreme, YUCK!
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-17-2006, 11:57 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by raven1124
Yea well, I had to go out of state to buy my GTO as the local dealer here was charging a $3,000 premium last year when I bought mine! Bastards had 9 on the lot at the time too!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > Off Topic Discussions > The Lounge

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in