So I walk into this Stealership...... - Pontiac GTO Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-03-2009, 11:21 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So I walk into this Stealership......

I'm a 27 yr old single guy who recently sold a 99 Vette and am now in the market for an 05-6 GTO 6sd (something in the $14.5-15.5k range w/ 6 spd let me know!!!)

Been scouring these forums and looked at every section of Craigslist from Texas to the eastern seaboard looking for my new Goat.

Came across an Autotrader ad in Chattanooga, TN which is about 60 miles from my house. 06 PBM M6 w/ 17s and 49k miles asking 15.9. I thought this could be it. I call the # this morning to check on the car (clean title, verify miles,etc.) and they still had it. The car is for sale, but the guys w/ their names on the ad are busy and out of town so David (who answers) says he can help me. Asked how long they are there through the week and he says 9am-7pm every day except Sunday. Told him I would be down soon to check it out.

Check with my uncle who is a small used car dealer, and he knows the owner fairly well. He has a friend who runs a Nissan dealer try to get in touch with the owner to see what he would sell the Goat to a fellow dealer for. Apparently Larry the owner is out and can't be reached.

I don't get off work til 5:30 and it takes a good hour and 15 to get there. I call [email protected]$$ David back (whom i will now just refer to as [email protected]$$) and let him no i'm on my way to make sure they don't scoot out 15 til or something. He says ok we're here til 7. So I pick up my buddy and we hit the interstate. I push my daily 2000 Solara hard all the way to make it before 7pm. I call [email protected]$$ again about 10 miles out to let him know i'm almost there and will arrive about 10 til 7. Confirms he will be there.

We arrive and there sits the Goat out front. We get out and there is a guy that meets us and says [email protected]$$ will be with us, he's gone to get the keys. He shoots the bull, asking if I brought cash today, talking about how much the car is worth. It has $17,900 on the windshield. Sagging pretty bad in the rear and the tops of the rear seats and driver headrest have the busted stitching. Rest of the car looks pretty nice. He says KBB lists retail at $18.9k so your gettin a deal. I was kind of joking with him and said yea they say my Solara is worth more than it is, something's only worth what somebody will pay you for it. Guy says yea, thats true. Said [email protected]$$ will be right with us.

Guy comes rolling out the side door on a cell phone with a very professional looking dirty cargo shorts, untucked plaid short sleeve button up, tats (not that there's anything wrong with them) down to his elbows, and weights about 325. Very unprofessional looking even for a used car salesman. Reminded me of the guy with touretts syndrome at the local bowling alley and go kart track back home . He kinda looks at us and walks around while on the phone for a couple of minutes and back inside.

[email protected]$$ comes back to where we are w/ his fellow salesman beside him. I said, "Hey, how's it goin? I was here to check out the GTO." He just looks at me and says, "there it is." I said "alright, could we open it up to look inside it?"
[email protected]$$ says "No, it's 7pm, we're closing." I politely asked that I just wanted to look inside and check it out. Again he says, I told you we close at 7pm, we're here from 9-7 and work 10 hours a day and you'll just have to come back!

Needless to say, I was not happy, I didn't ask to go for a test drive, giving him a hard time, or anything. You'd think someone who has called you three times and drove an hour and a half to look at a car and made sure to get there before closing time would be somewhat serious about the car

I just looked at the 2 guys and said "I guess you guy's aren't wanting to sell it too bad" in a semi smart @$$ tone. [email protected]$$ said "we're not worried about it, we'll sell it no problem." I was still amazed he wouldn't even let me open up the car to look in it. I said, "well the car business must be good, to be turning customers away" and started to move around the car back toward mine. [email protected]$$ and his buddy said, "car business is great!! we're doing awesome" I looked back and said, "i appreciate coming all the way down here for you to just waste my time" and started walking back to my car.

Started unlocking my and [email protected]$$ yells in his most macho voice, "what did you say?" I yelled back up to the building about 100ft away and said "I appreciate you wasting our time" To which he replied, yelling loud enough you could hear him across the lot, "[email protected]% you and your time!" Amazing a grown man, trying to sell cars for a living, doing this. I admit, i was a little bit of a smart @$$ after he gave me a hard time, but I'm not going to curse someone at my business. I just gave him the universal "your #1 sign" and drove off.

Turns out the other salesman said [email protected]$$ is the owner's son while we were talking earlier. Maybe that is why you can curse someone if Daddy owns the place, b/c no one will say anything to you about it. My uncle is going to call Larry the owner as will I and see who pissed in [email protected]$$' cheerios. I wouldn't buy that car now if I could get it for $13.5 and was willing to give a little over $15 for it. Now the Autotrader ad says $17.9 so they changed it after 4pm today. Oh well, here is the ad and I wouldn't recommend C&C Motors ever.

http://www.autotrader.com/dealers/dd...&address=37354

Sorry it's so long, I just had to vent!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-04-2009, 12:40 AM

Send a message via AIM to Aramz06
Bad experience and a cocky salesman. When I was working at Chrysler Jeep, even though we closed at 9pm... if someone walked in at 8:30 and we told him to come back tomorrow, the boss would hand our ass' to us on a plate. Just look for another goat, you'll run into a better deal.

Also, link doesnt work.

-LSS Shifter
-Resonator Delete
-Flowmaster 44 Series Mufflers

1 of 475

post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-04-2009, 01:40 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Yeah, it's soo nice dealing with a bunch of @ssholes.
The dealer I bought my new 05 from closes at 8:00 PM. I drove out at
8:45 PM with a clean, prepped GTO. Good people, actually.

Larry

2005 GTO Quick - 1984 Honda V65 Magna Quicker - 2004 Z06 Quickest
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-04-2009, 10:23 AM

There was a GTO about an hour north of here for sale, similar in age/mileage ('05/~30k) to what I ended up by buying, only it was PBM. I asked if I came up there with a cashiers check for their price, and after test driving it if they'd let me go out the door for their autotrader price ($17,900) and they said NO. Talk about not wanting your business...

Last edited by Poncho Dan; 08-04-2009 at 10:55 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > Off Topic Discussions > The Lounge

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in