Soggy feet - Pontiac GTO Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-27-2006, 09:48 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Soggy feet

Sorry goat herd really, off topic. But I guess that's what the lounge is for. Looking for a bit of input from the collective knowledge found on our forum. I have a 2000 Suburban with only 162,000 miles. Great car. About a month ago after cleaning up from a trip found water in the 3rd seat. Daughter number 1 spilled a bottle of water, no big deal. It never dried up. Investigating further and its clearly not a bottle of water. Its wet from the tailgate to the front seat, moreso in the footwells. I've got a leak. Otherwise the car is in perfect shape, except we had a blow out of the passenger rear tire Oct 2005. The water is all on this side. The wheel well looks fine except the metal at the lowest edge of the well is bent out. This part doesn't appear to be connected to anything anyways. There is no rust. I've looked under the car and it looks brand new. Could a tire blow out really have split a seam in the wheel well so that its letting in water? Are there other explanations? Obviously not looking for accurate diagnosis, just stuff to look for. Also, I'm inclined to just get rid of the thing. Its been nearly flawless, but if its leaking, its trouble. Wife wants to wait 2 years for a new one. Not that anything on this forum will change her mind, but if the body shop pulls the interior and can't find anything, maybe then she'll agree with me that its time for a new one. Thanks in advance for your thoughts on this.

2004 QuickSilver GTO
M6
Stock
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-28-2006, 05:17 AM

Does that Suburban have a sunroof? Has it rained reacently?
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-28-2006, 07:54 PM Thread Starter

No sunroof. We did go through some pretty strong rain before we noticed it, but it rained this spring and we had winter thaw and such so its not like we didn't have wetness to deal with. We just didn't notice the wetness before. The kids apparently don't feel the floor very often while they sit back there. It now has an odor which it didn't have so that's why I think it might be more recent. This wouldn't be so hard if the car was crummy, but its really a nice car. I just know leaks are a bad sign and really hard to find and plug and 2 years from now the whole passenger side will be rusted out and no matter how good everything else is, it will be really worthless.

2004 QuickSilver GTO
M6
Stock
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-29-2006, 09:38 AM

As painful as this sounds, you may need to strip the interior seats and carpet out, then go around with a pressure hose until you find the source- -
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-29-2006, 09:53 AM

Does your burb have rear AC? If it does and you dont see two places where condensate drains, one near the front fender and another just aft of the rear (will actually drip onto the tail pipe) then you may have a clogged condensate drain. Check it out.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-30-2006, 12:55 PM Thread Starter

There is rear a/c, but thought it was just a blower and not an additional condenser. Will have the body shop check that out when they are looking at it.

2004 QuickSilver GTO
M6
Stock
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-30-2006, 08:11 PM

Some have a rear blower system (standard on LS and base), the LT with dual control rear AC has two condensers and hence two outlets. I dont know the routing of the lines so Im just guessing about the H2O but that would be the first place I'd start if it were mine. Good luck to you.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-31-2006, 07:27 PM Thread Starter

Looked back there yesterday and it looks like there are lines running there (its and LS). Trying to find a drain hole, but between work and every thing else, just too busy at this time to really get dirty looking into it. Hopefully Wednesday. Thanks.

2004 QuickSilver GTO
M6
Stock
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > Off Topic Discussions > The Lounge

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in