SRT-4 Surprise - Pontiac GTO Forum
User Tag List

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-13-2007, 06:47 AM Thread Starter
 
The_Goat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Bloomington, IL
Posts: 531
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
SRT-4 Surprise

MMOB on my way to work this morning and I see this car speeding down a side road, blow a stop sign about 1/4 mile in front of me then take off like no body's business. I was curious so I sped up to see what it was... It was an SRT-4 and I'd guess it was heavily modded. We both had to turn at the next light (out in the country, 4 lane to 4 lane) so I thought I'd pace him to see what he had (Lic Plate RACEU 1). It's dark out so he had no idea I was behind him and he took off really fast.... first time I've had to really wind up the old LS2 to keep up. He must've thought I was a cop or something cause he slowed down. When we got up near town where there are street lights, we had to make a right turn. He took it a heck of a lot faster than I was willing to (was a bit wet out). I caught back up with him and pulled up next to him... and found out it was a "her".. and probably in her late 50's early 60's.... As luck would have it we both came to the next light lined up. Now we're in town, in a 35 zone so I'm not messing around. I could hear her turbos over my radio so I thought I'd just let her go and see what she did. She romped it and took off... I definitely have respect for those little boogers now... and I want MORE MODS for myself
The_Goat is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-13-2007, 05:07 PM
 
LYNMUP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Ft Walton Beach, FL
Posts: 689
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Goat View Post
MMOB on my way to work this morning and I see this car speeding down a side road, blow a stop sign about 1/4 mile in front of me then take off like no body's business. I was curious so I sped up to see what it was... It was an SRT-4 and I'd guess it was heavily modded. We both had to turn at the next light (out in the country, 4 lane to 4 lane) so I thought I'd pace him to see what he had (Lic Plate RACEU 1). It's dark out so he had no idea I was behind him and he took off really fast.... first time I've had to really wind up the old LS2 to keep up. He must've thought I was a cop or something cause he slowed down. When we got up near town where there are street lights, we had to make a right turn. He took it a heck of a lot faster than I was willing to (was a bit wet out). I caught back up with him and pulled up next to him... and found out it was a "her".. and probably in her late 50's early 60's.... As luck would have it we both came to the next light lined up. Now we're in town, in a 35 zone so I'm not messing around. I could hear her turbos over my radio so I thought I'd just let her go and see what she did. She romped it and took off... I definitely have respect for those little boogers now... and I want MORE MODS for myself
It would have to be a stage III to beat you stock. I have taken a stage I (K&N only) and stage II (K&N and mufflers) with no problems. I beleive I read that the stage III with race fuel dynoed at over 330 hp to the wheels. With regular 91 octane it was close to 300 RWHP. Someone had posted a link that showed all the details regarding the SRT-4. Consider the weight difference, but the torque steer would be a B***H.

Steve (AKA RADIO) has gotten his SRT-4 pretty fast so far.

'05 QSM M6
LYNMUP is offline  
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-13-2007, 09:37 PM Thread Starter
 
The_Goat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Bloomington, IL
Posts: 531
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
He definitely had an exhaust... at least. I wouldn't mind having one of those to play around in...
The_Goat is offline  
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-13-2007, 11:45 PM
 
AA GTO SP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Piscataway NJ
Posts: 345
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
0-60 times for an srt-4 aren't too far from a gto. They only weigh 2900 pounds.
AA GTO SP is offline  
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-14-2007, 12:28 AM
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 289
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Race 'em from a dig, and unless they have DR's, they're a joke. That is, unless you run into a Stage III car and race far enough for him to catch you, lol. They can be tough from a roll, though.
scg87 is offline  
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-14-2007, 01:18 AM
 
LYNMUP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Ft Walton Beach, FL
Posts: 689
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Both ones I races were from a roll!! Why they wanted to go from a roll, beats me.

I ran into a stage II on the highway and he started a fight he was never gonna finish.

'05 QSM M6
LYNMUP is offline  
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-14-2007, 01:25 AM
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 289
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LYNMUP View Post
Both ones I races were from a roll!! Why they wanted to go from a roll, beats me.

I ran into a stage II on the highway and he started a fight he was never gonna finish.
They want to go from a roll 'cause they can't hook out of a dig, especially Stage II + They have a much better shot from a roll. I took out a Stage II car twice from dig up to about 50ish, because of traffic. And I drive a stock 350Z. It would've been different from a roll, lol.
scg87 is offline  
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-14-2007, 04:00 AM
 
LYNMUP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Ft Walton Beach, FL
Posts: 689
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Before buying the GOAT, I test drove a STR-4 and the torque steer was a bitch in it's stock form. Upping it to that much HP would be a total ass pain to keep in the road.

'05 QSM M6
LYNMUP is offline  
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-14-2007, 05:53 AM
Super Moderator
 
6QTS11OZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Where the women are scarce and the sheep are scared. So. Cali
Posts: 2,639
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Goat View Post
He definitely had an exhaust... at least. I wouldn't mind having one of those to play around in...
You mean "she" don't you?

~I'm ya huckleberry~
~516rwhp/500rwtq~

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yC11NCGTEvI
6QTS11OZ is offline  
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-14-2007, 01:16 PM Thread Starter
 
The_Goat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Bloomington, IL
Posts: 531
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Yes, she
The_Goat is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Pontiac GTO Forum > Off Topic Discussions > The Lounge

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome