Svede OTRCAI - Pontiac GTO Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-09-2013, 06:36 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Svede OTRCAI

Just ordered up a Svede otrcai. Now the wait begins. A friend back home in Nebraska who owns an 04 gto has one and said I should def get one. He stated he waited for 4 weeks to get his I also got the fast acting iat sensor and the harness as well.

Last edited by Bumbscag; 07-09-2013 at 06:37 PM. Reason: left out info
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-09-2013, 11:10 PM
Former Super Moderator

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Congrats! Post up some pics of your install!
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-10-2013, 07:47 PM Thread Starter

for sure I will Rukee.... but I have to actually get it first.... I wonder how long it will take to get here.... second, ive never ever really worked on a car before and this will be my first attempt at anything more than an oil change or a windshield wiper change lol

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-10-2013, 08:24 PM

Garage
It's extremely easy to install buddy. I on the other hand made my own using Svede's DIY instructions. It works well and looks pretty clean under the hood.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-10-2013, 11:00 PM Thread Starter

thx jesse, the heat soak has really gotten under my skin, I ordred it 2 days ago and it should have been here by now

would you care to share some pics of that svede you made

post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-11-2013, 05:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumbscag View Post

Just ordered up a Svede otrcai. Now the wait begins. A friend back home in Nebraska who owns an 04 gto has one and said I should def get one. He stated he waited for 4 weeks to get his I also got the fast acting iat sensor and the harness as well.
easy install, take your time and you will be fine, test fit it and consider removing the center plastic hood liner retainer directly above the intake as it tends to rub, speaking of time you could be a year older before you get to do it

here is mine

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Last edited by greenmtn; 07-11-2013 at 08:15 PM.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-12-2013, 01:18 AM Thread Starter

very nice, I am considering buying an extra cover(idk what its called but its the cover you cut out) and keeping the original in storage. ill modify my goat but would definantly like keeping all the original parts. ive also considered deleting it but am not sure I like that look.

post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-12-2013, 01:21 AM Thread Starter

[QUOTE=greenmtn;386841]easy install, take your time and you will be fine, test fit it and consider removing the center plastic hood liner retainer directly above the intake as it tends to rub, speaking of time you could be a year older before you get to do it

here is mine

omg, I may have to wait a year before I get it, I am the most impatient person on earth , but ive heard these cai's are the holy grail for gto owners

post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-19-2013, 07:44 PM Thread Starter

Installed my Svede yesterday. Everything went according to plan exect when I put the cover down after I had cut it out I accidentally stepped on it breaking it into two pieces, so now It looks silly. Took it out for a test and no codes popped up. The hood does rub it some but I know its down as far as it will go and the hood shuts as it normally would and opens as it normally would as well. I drove her around town and went out of town and opened it up a bit. In all I drove around for about an hour. I popped the hood when I got home and was surprised that I wasn't greeted with a blast of super heated, singe your face hot air.
heres a pic of my install
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2048.JPG
Views:	938
Size:	1.87 MB
ID:	28562

ok now that I have the svede installed its time to do another modification, im thinking headers, but I would like some opinions as to what the next modification should be, I only plan to ultimately have 100% bolt ons, the only mod im willing to do that doesn't include bolting something up is the cam.

post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-23-2013, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumbscag View Post
Installed my Svede yesterday. Everything went according to plan exect when I put the cover down after I had cut it out I accidentally stepped on it breaking it into two pieces, so now It looks silly. Took it out for a test and no codes popped up. The hood does rub it some but I know its down as far as it will go and the hood shuts as it normally would and opens as it normally would as well. I drove her around town and went out of town and opened it up a bit. In all I drove around for about an hour. I popped the hood when I got home and was surprised that I wasn't greeted with a blast of super heated, singe your face hot air.
heres a pic of my install
Attachment 28562

ok now that I have the svede installed its time to do another modification, im thinking headers, but I would like some opinions as to what the next modification should be, I only plan to ultimately have 100% bolt ons, the only mod im willing to do that doesn't include bolting something up is the cam.
Congrats! I've been waiting over 12 weeks and counting to get mine.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > Off Topic Discussions > The Lounge

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in