Test drove a Vette and tried to drive a Mustang GT - Pontiac GTO Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-07-2007, 03:52 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Test drove a Vette and tried to drive a Mustang GT

So I happened to get today off as did my roomate. We decided driving some cars would be fun (I'm still waiting to sell my car and get a GTO). Well down the street we found a 2002 Vette coupe. I was excited at first but found out it was an Auto. Well I talked the guy into letting me take it out. Didn't let me go too far but I found the car to be fast and fun. However aside from maybe taking turns I didn't see anything on it that was better than a Goat. I can see why people who go from GTO to vette usually come back (at least it seems that way).

Well when we left we decided to go drive more. There's a Z06 not far but it turned out to be at a dealer I can never go back to. I test drove a GTO there and they agreed to my price on my car and told me the goat was $29k. The next day I found that very car listed in the local paper for $23.5k. So we decided to see what else to drive.

Then we found a Ford dealership. I've never driven a Mustang so I thought the new GT would be fun. The dealer was a cool guy and grabbed the keys jumped in and said he'd pull it out for me to check out further. It was the only manual GT on the lot other than a Shelby in the showroom. The guy jumps in and goes to start it... nothing but a few clicks from under the hood. Two attempts later he goes inside to get a jumper system. We tried to jump it 3 times, then he got a bigger system. Again, 3 tries and no go. This car wasn't going anywhere. Turns out they never start the cars on the lot unless a customer wants to see it. Man that guy was embarrased, he said he hoped I wasn't planning to buy right then. I told him it was cool and left.

Looks like the GTO is still on top. I'm hoping to have one in time for Goatfest. Anyways just thought I'd share my fun today with you all.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-07-2007, 05:24 PM
Super Moderator

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Garage
Typical Ford........DUD

President: GTO Association of America
www.gtoaa.org

post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-07-2007, 06:54 PM

the dealership had no way of jumping the car or putting another battery in it?
thats pathetic
post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-07-2007, 07:42 PM

Dude, you didn't miss anything. Thats a sign from God saying, "dont get that crap".
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-07-2007, 08:00 PM

I went to a Ford dealer in 2002 to look at a Mustang GT. I found a yellow GT that was optioned the way I wanted and asked the dealer to take it for a drive. Salesman went and got the keys and a plate and told me he needed to drive it off the lot. He got in fired it up and immediately floored the gas a couple of times to rev the engine. He put it in gear and started to ease off the clutch. We heard this ping sound and the sound of water rushing. He immediately got an oil light on the dash. The oil filter fell off.

I bought a Camaro the next day.
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-07-2007, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fergyflyer View Post
I went to a Ford dealer in 2002 to look at a Mustang GT. I found a yellow GT that was optioned the way I wanted and asked the dealer to take it for a drive. Salesman went and got the keys and a plate and told me he needed to drive it off the lot. He got in fired it up and immediately floored the gas a couple of times to rev the engine. He put it in gear and started to ease off the clutch. We heard this ping sound and the sound of water rushing. He immediately got an oil light on the dash. The oil filter fell off.

I bought a Camaro the next day.
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-07-2007, 09:17 PM Thread Starter

They used those mobile battery jumper things. Two of em. The car is gonna go to their maint. shop to see what's going on or get jumped. Don't care much, it was the sign. When I got home I got a call, some guy saw my car on my base with the for sale sign and really wants to see it. With luck I'll be getting a GTO soon.
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-07-2007, 10:45 PM

I was watching a comparison of the ford GT and the dodge Viper on the travel channel yesterday. They go to the drag strip and the viper guy is very humble, while the old ford guy talks a bunch of trash. They race twice and its 1-1, but after one of the races the GT starts SMOKING. loll a water pump or something broke on the second run on the track. How much is that thing? 130k?
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-07-2007, 11:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AA GTO SP View Post
I was watching a comparison of the ford GT and the dodge Viper on the travel channel yesterday. They go to the drag strip and the viper guy is very humble, while the old ford guy talks a bunch of trash. They race twice and its 1-1, but after one of the races the GT starts SMOKING. loll a water pump or something broke on the second run on the track. How much is that thing? 130k?
And a Z06 can still spank it.
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-08-2007, 07:39 AM

Yeah, personally I like the viper and corvette a whole lot better than the GT. Maybe that's because i'm poor lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > Off Topic Discussions > The Lounge

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in