what is availability like on new gto now? - Pontiac GTO Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-24-2006, 07:12 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
what is availability like on new gto now?

As you all probably know by now i just wrecked my baby last weekend. I retained the best lawyer in s.c. for auto accidents so i am praying that the car is a total loss. Now, I need to know has anyone bought 1 in the last couple weeks and if so are they still readily available and what was the $$ since they have officially stopped production. Does that make the price go up or down? I will be looking for an 06 m6 black on black of course!!
I bought mine w 17s for $30,000 even plus tax and tags. Ive heard as low as 28600 brand new is this true? Anybody beat 28600 yet?
Look forward to hearing your replies!!
Thanks, Dridgrunner
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-25-2006, 07:31 AM
JMM

Pontiac dealer here in Warrenton, VA has 5 new GTO's on the lot and 6 more due to arrive shortly. Don't know how they are being priced as I am presently not in need of another GTO.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-11-2006, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dridgrunner
As you all probably know by now i just wrecked my baby last weekend. I retained the best lawyer in s.c. for auto accidents so i am praying that the car is a total loss. Now, I need to know has anyone bought 1 in the last couple weeks and if so are they still readily available and what was the $$ since they have officially stopped production. Does that make the price go up or down? I will be looking for an 06 m6 black on black of course!!
I bought mine w 17s for $30,000 even plus tax and tags. Ive heard as low as 28600 brand new is this true? Anybody beat 28600 yet?
Look forward to hearing your replies!!
Thanks, Dridgrunner

dont know if you have done anything yet. but i just bought mine slightly used because that was the only thing any dealer around me was doing deals on. the pontiac dealers around dayton ohio were basically just taking a grand off the sticker of the new ones and then telling you that you can use the 2 rebates that pontiac/GM has going right now. not much deal making at all.
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-11-2006, 10:09 AM

I'm currently pricing them in southeastern NC and there's just not much incentive out there right now. Financing options are 0%/36mo, 2.9%/48mo, 3.9%/60mo, and 4.9%/72mo. If you elect for your own financing, you can choose the $1,000 cash back. There's $500 off for all active US Military. GM's Conquest bonus (if you have a non-GM car *registered* in your name) is still $1,000. The financing/rebate and conquest rebate expire Sept 5.

There are plenty available in my area...with some larger lots having five or more in stock. So, I'd imagine it to be the same south of the border. I was told yesterday by a larger lot sales manager that they weren't going to get any more in...but I'm not sure how true that is. The most recent build date they have is April, so it's still very possible that some May/June builds will show up. Unfortunately, where I am GTOs seem to sell rather well...so I'm thinking I may have to wait and see what happens after Sept 5th. I am a bit concerned that all "deals" to be had have passed...I remember seeing quite a few out-of-production 2002 F-bodies sit on lots at sticker price for a long, long time.

BTW, in reading your other posts, glad to hear the ins. company did the right thing. If you've made a move on a new GTO since then, what sort of price did you get? Thanks!

DC

Last edited by DamienChaos; 08-11-2006 at 10:14 AM.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-11-2006, 10:15 AM

According to the GM Buy Power site, there are 31 '06 GTOs within 12 miles of me in DFW. No idea how much they are dealing on them at this time.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-11-2006, 10:26 AM

there are about 9 or so on the local lot. i got the last blue one

please disregard the previous message
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-11-2006, 07:20 PM

I got my 06 M6 with 18's for just around $28,000 with tax, tag, and title. Unfortunately I missed out on the 0% for 72, but I still think I got a pretty good deal. This was in early June.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-11-2006, 07:31 PM

holy ****!

the more and more I hear, the more I think i got greased on my 06 M6 IBM. I drove it away for $32k + fianancing + service plans

i'm starting to reconsider the SPs and am wondering if i can cancel them and get my money back on it

please disregard the previous message
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-12-2006, 04:00 AM

Got two dealer's here in hawaii. They got quite a few of them. These dealer's don't want to deal yet, there not moving any of there GTO's. I tried to see if they wanted to take my 06 charger r/t on trade in but, they wanted to give me a reallly low trade in and this would put me at negative. I guess I'll wait to see if they'll change there mind or, I'll wait on the new dodge challenger.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > Off Topic Discussions > The Lounge

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in