What's in your cd player? - Pontiac GTO Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-27-2007, 08:39 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
What's in your cd player?

Just for fun, what's in your GTO's cd player?

I'm a huge fan of the blues, and I played rhythm and lead guitar in bands for many years until just a few years ago. In no particular order here's what I'm currently listening to in the goat:
  • Stevie Ray Vaughan -- Texas Flood... one of the best blues players and blues records ever.
  • Stevie Ray Vaughan -- my own collection of favorites from the rest of his work.
  • John Lee Hooker and Friends... awesome, awesome cd, with guests like Clapton, Van Morrison, Santana, Ry Cooder, Bonnie Raitt... one of my all-time faves. Makes you want to get drunk, eat hickory-smoked pork and cry.
  • Lightnin' Hopkins -- Greatest Hits...good ol' fashioned foot-stompin' blues from one of the originals.
  • Jimi Hendrix -- my own compilation with many of his bluesier recordings, and both versions of Voodoo Chile. The absolute best guitarist that ever lived IMO.
  • Kenny Wayne Shepherd -- another compilation of favorites. Some people say he's a SRV ripoff, I'd argue otherwise. I had the good fortune to meet Kenny before his career really took off, jammed with him backstage a couple times, even managed to get listed in the credits of one of his cd's. Cool guy, and can play the hell out of a geetar.

Damn, I'm ready for some ribs and a cold beer.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-27-2007, 08:58 PM

I haven't driven it far enough to put any in yet but when I do it will be Queensryche and Megadeth. I'm not a very deep person.

'74 Bronco rockcrawler, heavily modified
'03 Jeep Rubicon, stock
'85 Toy Sr5, Birf elim, lift,529s
'06 GTO
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-28-2007, 05:20 AM

Incubus, strokes, Daft Punk, Modest Mouse, Angels And Airwaves, and
The Killers. Thats all 6.
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-28-2007, 07:06 AM

Jimmy Buffett, a techno mix CD with Sandstorm on it (If there is going to be a race that's the song playing), Tim McGraw, a disco mix CD, Red Hot Chilli Peppers, Now 11. I had to go check to see.

I'm all over the place with my music. Most of the time I have some classical, like Mozart, Jazz, and some old rock in it. I'm into anything that is musical.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-28-2007, 07:25 AM

The LS2 plays most of the tunes for me but for traffic conditions Ive got Alice n Chains,Tom Petty,Toby Keith,Alan Jackson,and Metalica
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-28-2007, 09:15 AM

nj bloodline, ramallah,the misfits,grandmaster melle mel and the furious five ,dave matthews band ,e town concrete,. the range of music is very wide ,i wish it had an mp3 hook up
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-28-2007, 11:57 AM
Super Moderator

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Garage
Captain and Toniele
Partridge Family
Monkees
Amish rap music
The Best of the Wiggles
Jim Jones "The True Meaning of Life" (Guiana Story) When I purchased it I got coupons for Kool-Aid, untainted of course.

Foreigner's Greatest Hits

Classic rock downloaded from Lime Wire of my favorite groups and songs, I have about 12 CD's full of them

Various Groups.....
CCR, 38 Special, Grassroots, Kenny Login, Led Zep, Neil Young, Survivor, Strawberry Alarm Clock, Kansas, Moody Blues, Boston, Aerosmith, Bonjovi, Billy joel, The Cars, Cheap Trick, Cutting Crew, Uriah Heep, Van Hallen, Zagger and Evans, White Snake, Stories, Styx, Ringo Starr, Ronnie Milsap, John Lennon, Soul Asylum, Outfield, REM, Barry McGuire, Bad Company, Alice Cooper, Phil Collins, The Animals, Arthur Brown, Asia, Edison Lighthouse, ELO, Clapton, Firehouse, Genisis, Crosby, Stills, Nash, and Young, Night Ranger, Quiet Riot, 3-Dog Night, Gin Blossoms, Damn Yankees, Left Bank, Little River Band, Righteous Brothers, Joan Osborn, John Parr, Roxette, Pointer Sisters, Scott McKenzie, 4-Tops, John Secada, Harry Neilson, Shaina Twain, Martina McBride, Lone Starr, Toby Keith, Steve Azar, Gordon Lightfoot,
10,000 Maniacs, Mary Chapin Carpenter, Transiberian Orchestra, Sam the Sham and the Pharos, Pat Benaytar, Green Day, Procol Herum, Hamilton Joe, Frank Reynolds, Joe Diffie, Hugo Montenegro, Heart, Don Henley, Deion, Diamond Rio, Blackhawk, Bonnie Tyler, Brooks & Dunn, Deep Purple, Del Shannon, Henry Mancini.

I may have left a few out.....

As you can see, I listen to the bestest music.....from the bestest groups.

President: GTO Association of America
www.gtoaa.org

Last edited by GTO JUDGE; 01-28-2007 at 12:05 PM.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-28-2007, 12:24 PM

Rush
Best of BTO
Rush
Pat Metheny
Rush
Ted Nugent
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-28-2007, 12:40 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO judge View Post
Captain and Toniele
Partridge Family
Monkees
Amish rap music
The Best of the Wiggles
Jim Jones "The True Meaning of Life" (Guiana Story) When I purchased it I got coupons for Kool-Aid, untainted of course.

Foreigner's Greatest Hits

Classic rock downloaded from Lime Wire of my favorite groups and songs, I have about 12 CD's full of them

Various Groups.....
CCR, 38 Special, Grassroots, Kenny Login, Led Zep, Neil Young, Survivor, Strawberry Alarm Clock, Kansas, Moody Blues, Boston, Aerosmith, Bonjovi, Billy joel, The Cars, Cheap Trick, Cutting Crew, Uriah Heep, Van Hallen, Zagger and Evans, White Snake, Stories, Styx, Ringo Starr, Ronnie Milsap, John Lennon, Soul Asylum, Outfield, REM, Barry McGuire, Bad Company, Alice Cooper, Phil Collins, The Animals, Arthur Brown, Asia, Edison Lighthouse, ELO, Clapton, Firehouse, Genisis, Crosby, Stills, Nash, and Young, Night Ranger, Quiet Riot, 3-Dog Night, Gin Blossoms, Damn Yankees, Left Bank, Little River Band, Righteous Brothers, Joan Osborn, John Parr, Roxette, Pointer Sisters, Scott McKenzie, 4-Tops, John Secada, Harry Neilson, Shaina Twain, Martina McBride, Lone Starr, Toby Keith, Steve Azar, Gordon Lightfoot,
10,000 Maniacs, Mary Chapin Carpenter, Transiberian Orchestra, Sam the Sham and the Pharos, Pat Benaytar, Green Day, Procol Herum, Hamilton Joe, Frank Reynolds, Joe Diffie, Hugo Montenegro, Heart, Don Henley, Deion, Diamond Rio, Blackhawk, Bonnie Tyler, Brooks & Dunn, Deep Purple, Del Shannon, Henry Mancini.

I may have left a few out.....

As you can see, I listen to the bestest music.....from the bestest groups.
I love classic rock too, listened to it all my life. When I listen to the radio it's usually on a classic rock station. Not too much into country music, it just never did it for me. I like a lot of the newer rock out there too. No hip-hop or rap though. Ugh. My daughter went through this phase 4 or 5 years ago where she was into that, and I listened to some of her cd's and then broke them into little pieces. The lyrics were disgusting, just filthy. I didn't think it was appropriate for her age. Funny thing though, I remember my Mom breaking my Foreigner album into little vinyl smithereens. "Hot Blooded" sure got her worked up.

Last edited by kegbelly; 01-28-2007 at 01:26 PM.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-10-2009, 05:34 PM

Bump. Good thread... I like to get a feel for people's musical tastes. Usually I burn my own CDs just to cram albums together if I can.

CD1: Gorguts - Considered Dead/The Erosion of Sanity (Early 90's Canadian DM)
CD2: Demilich - The Four Instructive Tales of Decomposition/The Echo/Nespithe (obscure Finnish DM)
CD3: Broken Hope - Swamped In Gore/The Bowels of Repugnance (Early 90's DM from Chicago)
CD4: Broken Hope - Loathing
CD5: Blut Aus Nord - Memoria Vetusta I: Fathers of the Icy Age (French BM)
CD6: Burzum - Burzum/Aske rerelease (Norwegian scene BM)

Yeah, I catch a lot of flak for being a big death & black metal fan, but I like my music like I like my Pontiacs... brutal and well made.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > Off Topic Discussions > The Lounge

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in