Where were all the GTO'S? - Pontiac GTO Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-10-2006, 07:15 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Where were all the GTO'S?

Hey guys! I know this is my first post in a while so it feels REALLY good to be doing this!

I had to take a business trip down to Deerfield Beach Florida this past week and I didn't see ONE GTO all the way down and all the way back! That trip was over 350 miles one way! When I got there, I didn't see a single goat all week! Heck, I had guys BEGGING to drive my car just to see what it's like!

I was just totally amazed at the fact that for 700 miles, there wasn't another car like mine....

I kind of like it like that!!!! Does anyone else feel that way?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-10-2006, 07:28 PM

I know its crazy. I drove 310 miles one way to the corvetteforum cruise in, and I didn't see one GTO all weekend. I see maybe one GTO a month. I saw a silver one at the movie theater today. Then I drove 450 miles round trip to Illinois the next weekend, and again didn't see a GTO in site.
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-10-2006, 07:29 PM

Despite everyone telling me that the GTO was basically a Grand Am with a bigger engine, I love the looks. Its unassuming and stealthy AND there arent many on the road. I think I have seen 4 in total....EVER that werent in a dealers lot.

I dont see them on the road. When I do its like spotting a UFO....you know you saw it but it was still kinda hard to believe.

I love the fact that these cars are a rare breed on the roads. It seems like there are a million vettes and Stangs (even just from 04-06) and having a GTO makes one feel like they have joined a very exclusive club and I for one am proud to be a part of it
post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-10-2006, 07:33 PM

I love it!!

I love it like that. i feel the same way. not like mustangs when u go 10 miles and see 20! so yeah i love it cause then u feel like u have something noone else has.
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-10-2006, 08:31 PM

The other day, I saw a GTO caravan. The first was driven by Elvis, the second by Jimmy Hoffa, and I think the last had Dick Clark.

Seriously though, I do enjoy the GTO being an uncommon car. It does feel like you are part of a "club" if you do see another one though. Especially if they honk, wave, or rev at you! Since buying mine, I've only seen 3 outside of dealer's lots.

06 IBM/blue M6 18"
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-10-2006, 08:32 PM

I just did 4 day vacation 1600 mi.FL to NC and back. Didnít see another Goat until I was coming into Tampa on the way home Memorial Day. Yellow Jacket was headed north about 6pm, on 75. Had a lot of fun on mountain roads, took videos but didnít come out very well. Gna work on that next time.
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-10-2006, 08:58 PM

One of the main reasons I bought my goat was the fact that I don't see myself coming and going. I initially wanted to buy a Mustang GT 500 until I saw how much the msrp was plus the 10k+ mark-up the dealers wanted. I considered the standard Mustang GT, but they are everywhere. I see a Mustang everytime I go out. There are 4 other GTO's that I know of where I live(small town), but I don't see them very often. I haven't taken any long trips yet, but I plan to next month. I'm curious how many I'll see on my way to San Diego and back.
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-10-2006, 09:47 PM

Drove to central Penn from Virginia and back last week on business: No GTO's

Drove to northern New Jersey from Virginia and back on business two weeks ago: No GTO's, but met with a co-worker and good buddy who owns a Caddy CTS-V (LS-1), and gave serious comps on the car.

I love not seeing myself coming and going! The few times I do see another GTO on the road gets a wave!

Jim Miller
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-11-2006, 04:00 AM

Wow ls2 n blu it takes you ten miles to see 20 rustangs! I only have to drive 10 blocks in chino hills to see atleast 35 of all types.
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-11-2006, 01:56 PM

I am here in Miami, Fl. I know there are some around but I just never see them. The first three months I had the car (when I was REALLY looking) I didn't see one and I drive about 500-600 miles a week (not always in the Goat though). About two weeks ago I seen two in like ten minutes. One at 9000 block of sw 88 st blue 05 w/ a female driving and one at the shorty's on 90 st and s. dixie hwy black 06 parked. If you guys are on here let me know.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > Off Topic Discussions > The Lounge

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in