• 1 Post By anguilla1980
  • 1 Post By PontiacJim

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-16-2017, 08:09 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Garage
Worried About Daughters On-Line Dating ???

My 35-year old daughter had been online dating and found that the lies and deceit are out of control within all these sites and apps. After she almost dated a bank robber, she realized that no one was there to help make sure that the people she was dating really were who they said they were. In further research, the statistics showed that 10% of online daters were sex offenders, 12% were married, and 10% are only on there to scam people.
My daughter saw a way to help others and started a new company ASTE, (www.aste.io,)
ASTE* offers a full service nationwide team of investigators who, with just a first name and a phone number, searches the depths of the internet for you to verify who your daughters and sons are dating.

1966 GTO tri-power 4 speed competition-plus, Tubuler Automotive competition headers. 58 thousand miles. Owned since 1969
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-17-2017, 03:09 PM
Former Moderator

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 106 Post(s)
At 35 she has hit the wall so all that is really out there are betas, simps, manginas and PUAs.
Good men her age are either taken or have been taken by the gynocentric courts and have gone MGTOW.
Slim pickins for her now thanks to radical feminism, marriage is a one sided contract that more and more men are refusing to enter into.

My son is 29 and after what my ex put us through he has taken the red pill and has no desire to date anymore and doesn't want to lose his freedom or his wealth rolling the dice on marriage, he says the only way to win the game is not to play.
He hasn't spoken to his mother in 11 years now, she just saw him as a utility that she thought she could use to extract wealth from and all the men she slept around with that he had to endure as a child are gone now and she is old, broke and has a few cats to keep her company.

P.S. Nice car!
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-17-2017, 06:07 PM

Location: Gastonia, NC - Born & raised in Connecticut - 31 years
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 349 Post(s)
Garage
You oughta be a 57, almost 58 year old guy and try. Been on/off the assorted sights for the past 4 years, met some doozies, BUT I think I finally found a great one (55 years young) who loves old cars, the older the better, and she was all smiles as we cruised down the avenue in the '73 Plymouth Fury! Told me she wants to get "greasy" with me turning wrenches on the Lemans this summer because she wants to learn more about old cars - and she was serious. She changes her own oil & filters on her car. I think this might work. LOL
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-17-2017, 06:42 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Garage
Jim She sounds Perfect!!!!!

1966 GTO tri-power 4 speed competition-plus, Tubuler Automotive competition headers. 58 thousand miles. Owned since 1969
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-18-2017, 09:11 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I'm 36 and been doing online dating for a few years. There is no replacement for common sense. If a SINGLE thing even seems close to sketchy, then move on, quickly.

I don't see anything on her site that hasn't already been free to find online for over a decade now. Plus VERY, VERY few people who date online are looking for a serious relationship and are honest people anyway, and even fewer of those would lack the knowledge of using the internet to use her service I would think. People are pretty good at cyber talking nowadays and have been for years.

She knows as well as I do, most online dating is just for hooking up.
HP11 likes this.

http://www.TheFOAT.com/92GTA
1969 Pontiac Firebird w/BP 461ci stroker kit, 670 heads & XE274H cam. Primer black w/black interior.
1992 Pontiac Trans Am GTA w/SLP Performance Package. Dark Jade Grey Metallic, grey leather, T-Tops.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-22-2017, 10:03 AM

Garage
I don't agree that the single sites are for hooking up, although that seems to be the consensus of most guys who use them and from the woman I have talked with who are constantly bombarded with guys looking for sex only. There are plenty of sites specific for hooking up or sexual encounters, but seems many guys get the impression they all are.

Tried Eharmony. This is really for people wanting to marry. They match you up by likes and personality traits than send you your matches - regardless of looks or body type. You don't get to surf through a bunch of profiles and choose. You don't really know how many women are even on the site/available in your area. It is one of the most expensive as you have to pay, so this in itself limits users.

Done Match.com. This one also requires you to pay, either monthly, 3 months, or more depending on what you want and the longer the payment period, the better the rate as compared to a single month. I believe they have upgrade options in contacting other members, but to me its a waste of money. You create your profile, add your pics, and you are off. Here you can surf the profiles of women in your area and you can set your parameters to narrow that down. They also match you based on your settings. You can see how many women checked out your profile and many of these sites now offer apps so people can surf on their smart phones and drop a message. They also have you rate women/guys that the site sends you as possible matches that you would like to meet and you can click "yes" "maybe" or "no". If you click yes, then the person gets an email saying you are interested. In three months, I got 70 views and not a single contact. Many women are simply looking, just like guys. I really didn't see any gals that appealed to me and many were out of the area I was willing to commute. I was also looking for a non-smoker and not interested in marriage, so the non-smoking aspect in the South and my age bracket eliminates about 85% of the available women. Not interested in marriage, that probably shot down another 10% of those who were non-smokers. What was left was not pretty.

POF (Plenty Of Fish) is free and owned by the same company who owns Match.com as you will see the same profiles on both sites. So you create your profile, add pics, etc.. FREE means you get the guys hounding the women for hook-ups. The women, in my opinion, are not the prettiest or most desirable, either physically or emotionally. Had 2 contacts that were actually hi-jacked profiles and the bottom line was that they were in a desperate situation and needed money to get them out of it - so you may be talking to someone who is not that person. Then the pics that many women post are not current pics, but photos when they were younger and in better shape and prettier. Had that experience when I met one gal in person, nothing like her pic because it was 10 years later. So a lot of that goes on. Many of the profiles never change. I have seen the same pics/profiles on POF for 4 years with no change, so many of the profiles are "dead" and kept up/not removed so you email and get no response. Makes it seem like more women are available than actually are. So I always ask for a current and up to date pic or I do not respond and waste my time.

There are other sites as well, like Our Time, again owned by the same company as Match & POF, so you see some of the same profiles/pics on each - tried it and a few responses, but I'm 57 and not going to get into a relationship with a gal older than me, just my preference, and when you get emails from 65+, it ain't for me.

So where do you meet people when you don't hang at bars & clubs? Try and strike up a conversation at the grocery store, Walmart, museum, on the street,etc. and women get scared thinking you are going to attack them, rape them, rob them, harm them, want something from them, or whatever because society has made it clear that all too often guys are attackers and predators of single/alone women thanks to the media and assorted TV shows that bring these kinds of subjects up and instill fear into any women. I am a big guy and have a few tattoos and trying to talk with what I perceive as a single gal (no ring, no kids, no man around) in any store you would think I was a known killer as they can't seem to clear out of the aisle fast enough LOL. Flirting does not exist any more because of all of the sexual harassment guidelines and of course if that card is pulled, you could lose your job, or worse, find yourself being sued.

The world is not right folks. It was much better when I was in my 20's & 30's and women were not in fear of men and men could flirt freely without fear of insulting a woman (because they used to be flattered by it) or fear of retaliation by legal means.
integrity6987 likes this.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-22-2017, 10:22 AM

Garage
Now here is the other problem with these single dating sites. Both men & women seem to think they can "order" the perfect match like ordering at McDonalds and getting it your way. The sites allow you to list your likes and dislikes. Then you can tell a little about yourself and list your personality qualities and your character and what you are looking for. Some list your income levels and you can use this to match one another. When I read, " my favorite spots to travel are London, Madrid, Sidney, and the Bahamas," I know it ain't going to happen with me. Or "I like to go to the beach on the weekends and take weekend trips to nowhere," I know I can't afford that gal nor do I have that kind of time to tie up my weekends to meet her requirements - I got my cars to work on on the weekend!! LOL.

So when you start to read what they are looking for in a man, they have made it so difficult for any man to fill the bill that they will never find a match. You must be this tall, you must have hair, you must make this income, you must have this car, you must not have a beard, you must not have tattoos, you must not have kids living with you, you must.......... and all the while they are not too pretty, short, or way overweight.

I'm still looking for a 6' tall, auburn hair, big boobs, hourglass figure, long legs up to here, wears make-up and outfits like a model, has a 6 figure salary, owns a home on the lake, wants to love me to death and tell me to quit my job because she is going to take care of me and throws a new Porsche (I mean restored RA IV Judge) my way just so I can be happy. How long do you think I will be looking for a gal like that to meet my "perfect" match. Bet I'll be planted in the ground before that ever happens! LOL So you gotta be honest and realistic in what you may wind up getting as your match IF you really want to be with someone and not go it alone.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > Off Topic Discussions > The Lounge

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in