Yikes! - Pontiac GTO Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-26-2005, 10:14 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Yikes!

After reading through the forums, i'm noticing a lot of anti-Ford sentiment out there, which is to be expected on a GM forum. Still, i'm worried that everyone here is going to eat a Ford guy like me alive! Is there anyone else here with a Ford?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-26-2005, 11:11 PM

Well, all I can say is that if you don't say ONE good thing about Ford, you'll get along with us just fine. The moment you say one thing though about how a Mustang has like 1 more cup holder than the GTO though - you're dead

Basically I'm sure I share the sentiments of most of the guys on the forum here in that we just don't like Ford because of the cockey Mustang drivers that think they're car is the best ever. Personally the only Ford I even remotley respect is the Cobra... it's the only car Ford has with balls. Even then though it only has a 4.6L engine that's Supercharged to make it that fast.
post #3 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-27-2005, 03:45 AM

What would you expect, a bunch of closet ford lovers. When you walk into a head with a picture of a guy on the door, would you expect to find women in there?

Then you don't want us to bash you, but you use a mustangII for your avatar, WTF. That thing has to rate right up there with the pinto and a step below a vega.

Myself, I find that this only cause's problems down the line. If you're a ford guy, you should hang out in a ford forum. We're only going to say something you don't like, then the bashing begins, and then the thread gets locked.

Of course, I only base this on what I have seen here lately, and on other forums.
post #4 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-27-2005, 05:13 AM

Welcome....but I have no idea why Ford guys love to come on to Goat Forums, GMinsidenews.com and other places like that.

I'd need a barfbag and a head check if I ever started to visit Mustang sites. Ugh...just the thought of it.
post #5 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-27-2005, 06:14 AM

I've own(ed) 4 Fords and 3 of the 4 have been excellent vehicles. The 1st was a POS when I bought it and it went downhill from there so I don't necessarily fault the vehicle. I put over 100K miles on each of the other 3 and they are all still going strong. If Ford had built the GTO I would have bought it from them. I'm not brand fixated like some people. The GTO is only my second GM vehicle out of 14.
post #6 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-27-2005, 09:48 AM

Vmax you're lucky then. You know what Ford stands for right? Fix Or Rebuild Daily? Lol Ford's have a reputation for using craptastic quality that breaks down when you really don't want it to.
post #7 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-27-2005, 09:49 AM

Not a Mustang fan but do own a Lincoln and have owned several over past ten years. Grew up an OLDS man until gm nuetered the brand in teh late 80s by killing the V8 rwd cars. Thats why I jumped shipto the LSC since I have to drive a mid size or larger V8 rwd car and there is no way in hell I would own/drive a camarobird or mustang.
The build/parts quality of the LSC blows away any typical GM car from the last ten years except the Monaro. Anyone that thinks the normal GM product uses quality parts is blind.
I have owned over 40 cars and over 8 different manufacturers and can say the only one I truly ended up hating was a 300z turbo that literally came apart with less than 20,000miles on it.
I laugh at guys that argue they are diehard chevy guys or ford true blue,mopar guys are among the worst,,in fact anyone that closes their mind to only one brand of anything is not very bright in my book. The day a car company PAYS me to drive their car I may be brand loyal but as long as I have to buy my own car I will buy whatever the hell I think gets the job done no matter who makes it. Right now I own an Oldsmobile,2 Chevys, 2 Lincolns and a Holden/Pontiac. I also have a 92 Mustang vert but thats for fixing/reselling so I dont really count it since I never plan to drive it.
Lastly the GTO is really a Holden Monaro so its not only NOT built by Pontiac its actually an IMPORT just dont try telling that to the pontiac freaks or theyll hunt you down.

Last edited by HTRDLNCN; 07-27-2005 at 09:54 AM.
post #8 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-27-2005, 10:53 AM

My 96 v8 SHO has 301,000 miles (orig engine ; trans and cams) and I consided it a T-Rex when brand New and it never let me down... When I went shopping for a New Car , After many test drives and linear equations the GTO was the best car for the money. The GTO blew me away on the test drive so now I have a GM/Holden that I consider a mad Rapter. The new era of Muscle is back and regardless of Petro cost I respect any well made high HP/Torque V8... The attitudes regarding GM/FORD/Dodge was strong but respectful in the late 60's , the problem today is lack of respect is ahead of enjoyment of muscle and Brand Loyality is King ...
And that Avatar doesn't help...

Last edited by Xcommuter; 07-27-2005 at 11:03 AM.
post #9 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-27-2005, 11:08 AM Thread Starter

Well, I used the Mustang II avatar because I got a complaint about the Quagmire one I had. I love the new Goat. Brand loyalities are fun but you have to respect a great car no matter what manufacturer it comes from.
post #10 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-27-2005, 11:21 AM

giggity giggity giggity..
so meg 18 yet?
aalllriiiight..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > Off Topic Discussions > The Lounge

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in