Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1964-1972 Pontiac GTO restoration guide

3K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  Guy B 
#1 ·
Is this book a good resource for restoration and worth the $$?

#5 ·
:cool Overall, I was disappointed with this book. It's twice the size of the similar book on Chevelles yet it has about half the relevant information (and most Chevelle guys will tell you the Chevelle book sucks). There's a great deal of what turns out to be worthless information while the real meat is missing (often Group Numbers are supplied, but there are no part numbers listed -- Group Numbers may have helped the parts counter guys, but I need P/Ns). Should you buy it? Yes. Is it worth the price? No. The bottom line: You'll need a library of GTO books -- none of them stands alone as "the bible" of the hobby.

#7 ·
What Red '70 said. More is better. I really enjoy but now pretty much useless 'Big Little GTO Book", which I've had for the past 30 years or so. Seems what was popular and acceptable back then when it came to mods would be frowned upon today. Still a great read, though. Particularly the first hand accounts of factory workers, racers, and owners.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.