User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-28-2016, 09:50 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
1964 GTO Convertible Top Replacement

Greetings from northeast Pennsylvania!

New to this forum, but then on automotive forms for years. And I see the search feature on this one isn't any better than the rest.

I'm restoring a 64 GTO and I made a huge error. I pulled the convertible top and frame off my parts car but didn't take pictures of the mounts first. Now I am ready to put it in and I cannot remember where the bolts go. Can anyone take a picture of theirs and posted here for me? Or point me to a thread where this is already been discussed…

Thanks in advance.

Yes, I will post pictures when I find the appropriate area… :-)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-28-2016, 09:55 AM Thread Starter

Screw it. Here are some pix...
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-28-2016, 10:03 AM Thread Starter

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-28-2016, 10:06 AM Thread Starter

Also have the 67 GTO convert I learned to drive on waaaaaay back in the day, but that has to be redone now so it's off the road. This is from a couple years back...

post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-29-2016, 02:43 PM Thread Starter

LOL

Reading through other threads I see lots of questions and few answers. Good news is I figgered mine out. So if you were going to shoot some pix, thanks but never mind...

Side note: This car was destined for the junk yard when my dad bought it in 1980(ish). He wanted to have one of his kids restore it, and I got elected even though I was only 16 at the time. It was a basket case. About 10 years ago he got a bug up his bottom about getting it done, and we had a local restorer work the body over for us. After an embarrassing amount of cash, the result is what you see in the pix. It was a base model. The only option on the plate is power antenna. Original engine is long gone, but current plans are to pull the engine from my 67 and use that while I find a suitable 64 looking motor.

Unfortunately my dad got sick and passed about 5 years ago. We had paused the resto anyway because of the economy. But now my son is getting married in October and we want to have it ready for then. LOTS of work left to do, but things are going well. I have a donor car that had PS (it is going to be driven in time speed rallies), I have several M21s on the shelf, and a couple of engine blocks as well (including a 428!). When this is all over I will have spare parts to sell, so stay tuned...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > The 1964-1974 Pontiac Tempest, Lemans & GTO > 1964-1974 Tempest, LeMans & GTO Projects, Barn Finds & Restoration Discussions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in