1965 Assembly Manual - Pontiac GTO Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-09-2011, 01:51 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
1965 Assembly Manual

Does anyone know if there is or ever was an Assembly Manual printed for the 1965 GTO/Tempest? I have a Chassis Shop manual but would like an Assembly Manual if one is available.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-09-2011, 03:23 PM
Super Moderator

Quoted: 122 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by trifidave View Post
Does anyone know if there is or ever was an Assembly Manual printed for the 1965 GTO/Tempest? I have a Chassis Shop manual but would like an Assembly Manual if one is available.
Probably--- I found one for my 69. Actually, it was like a 3rd or 4th generation photocopy that someone was selling on-line, but I still find it useful. It might be a combined manual that has all Pontiac cars.

Bear

BearGFR
Springtown, TEXAS
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-10-2011, 09:52 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Assembly manual

Lately I have noticed more posts regarding the 65 assembly manual, or better still the lack of. A few years back I was fortunate enough to pick up a Body by Fisher Passenger Car Service Manual printed by General Motors Products, Oshawa Ontario Canada at a swap meet. The manual covers all 65 body styles. These must be rare as I have not seen any before or since. Only exception to this is that I have seen a similar manual with an Oldsmobile cover. The book is probably 1/3 thicker than the chassis manual and has a wealth of information. I would not call it a true assembly manual but goes into a lot of service detail on glass, tops, weather stripping, moldings power seats etc etc. with very detailed drawings. Even though I have two other original GTOs and use as reference, the manual has been an invaluable asset during my frame off convertible restoration. There once was an obsolete Auto Literature dealer in Toronto Canada, sorry but the name escapes me, you may try looking on the net.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > The 1964-1974 Pontiac Tempest, Lemans & GTO > 1964-1974 Tempest, LeMans & GTO Projects, Barn Finds & Restoration Discussions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in