I would like to share my project that I have been working on for a few months now.
I've owned my 66 GTO since 1981. It is an Ohio car and had rust rot in the common places along with the frame.
My plan was to save all the restoration work for my retirement days. Well... I found a perfect like new frame online for a price I couldn't pass up so my project started a bit early.
I replaced the trunk, mounts, gas tank, & repaired the inner wheel wells a few years ago and figured I could tackle the frame and body stuff also.
To make a long story short, the project consisted of removing all rust rot and replace everything the new frame would come in contact with. New floor pans, inner & outer rocker panels, floor braces, body mount bushings etc...
I started in April and finished the frame & body in Sept. Removing the hood in the beginning was the only part I had help with, the rest I did by myself.
I quoted Butthead many many times throughout the process..."This sucks more than anything that has ever sucked before"!!
Thank you for hearing my story.
I will attempt to attach some pictures now. I'm not sure how many pictures I can save as attachments