1968 GTO Project - Pontiac GTO Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-25-2011, 08:03 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
1968 GTO Project

I started looking for some fenders and doors for a 1968 GTO-Where might be a good place to start? Are there reproductions available that are worth the money?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-25-2011, 08:50 PM

Garage
Hey we are neighbors. I would start by hitting up the local GTO club. Sit in on meeting or two and introduce yourself to them. Call Larry at Butler Classics and ask him he knows of any parts. Go to fall Jefferson with some cash in your pocket. Also- The Elkhorn swap is getting better too. Held August 6th. If you need more info on anything GTO shoot me a PM. See ya around...
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-26-2011, 08:26 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Garage
Broken, welcome! I'll look around for parts also. I spend a lot of time in the house due to poor health. The problem with doors and other big items is shipping costs......Eric

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-26-2011, 12:29 PM

Garage
From everything I have heard the reproduction 68/69 fenders are not the greatest. I even recall watching an episode of overhaulin with a 68 or 69 they had to get reproduction fenders for. They had to ... negotiate the curve of the fenders so they would even mount up. I just have not heard good things about them. Watch craigslist in your area, heck put an ad on there that you're looking for them. They will turn up. And as stated above, if they are local you don't pay shipping.
Good luck and welcome!
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-02-2011, 11:20 PM

Sorry have not posted in a while. The repro 68/69 fenders are only to be used as a last resort.........even ames states that in the fine print. Dont know about repro doors. I bought a repro passenger fender for the hell of it 'cause price was right for a spare at a swap meet. Just $125. Seller said he bought a pair for a resto and had to work too hard on driver side to get it close to barely fitting..........decided not to try it on passenger side and go original.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > The 1964-1974 Pontiac Tempest, Lemans & GTO > 1964-1974 Tempest, LeMans & GTO Projects, Barn Finds & Restoration Discussions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in