1969 Judge Find - Pontiac GTO Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-11-2015, 08:10 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
1969 Judge Find

Driving down a rural road last week, I saw a 1969 original Judge under a tarp in a front yard. Looked to be all original, but rough after sitting outside for years. Flat tires and all. Looked up the address and found a phone number. Called and an older lady answered the phone and said they were not interested in selling the GTO. But she did say it was wall original with the original motor. Was going to be back in that area next week and wanted to see if a stack of Benjamin's might change her mind. I will post a picture tomorrow, can't get it to work on my tablet, but was curious what would be fair to offer? I know this is an opinion question, but thought I would ask.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-12-2015, 07:43 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by knucklehead12 View Post
Driving down a rural road last week, I saw a 1969 original Judge under a tarp in a front yard. Looked to be all original, but rough after sitting outside for years. Flat tires and all. Looked up the address and found a phone number. Called and an older lady answered the phone and said they were not interested in selling the GTO. But she did say it was wall original with the original motor. Was going to be back in that area next week and wanted to see if a stack of Benjamin's might change her mind. I will post a picture tomorrow, can't get it to work on my tablet, but was curious what would be fair to offer? I know this is an opinion question, but thought I would ask.
Without pics, it's impossible to really say. If an all original and real Judge (PHS needed) and in need of a lot of sheet metal, floor pans, etc, I'd say a good starting point is 5-6K.

Good luck!
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-12-2015, 08:07 AM Thread Starter

Here is the picture
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image1.jpeg
Views:	186
Size:	890.3 KB
ID:	66170  

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-12-2015, 08:42 AM

Too many questions need to be asked to throw a fair offer at her. Beirman is correct, I would say 6K at least. But, 6K may be an insult if car is complete.

Good Luck! Not too many left under tarps!
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-12-2015, 10:04 AM
Former Moderator

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 106 Post(s)
I just don't get people that would rather let these cars rot than sell them.
There is a guy up here with a '66 sitting out tires sinking into the ground and he won't sell it.
He says he is going to restore it but he never will, I have watched it melt into the ground for years now.
Sad.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-12-2015, 11:42 AM Thread Starter

I agree. The car looks all original. Still has 4 wheel drum brakes and what the owner said was the original engine.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-12-2015, 03:23 PM
64-67 Expert

Quoted: 103 Post(s)
I agree with Roper. What gets into the heads of these people? I knew one guy, finally passed away in his late '80's, who never even got one of his 50 cars running. Some he'd had for 60 years. Shame. To get back on topic, this car will need probably a 60-80k restoration to be a 60k car. Not a money maker. Even if the car were given to you, it's a loser to restore and be on top, IMO. Worth much more as a parts car, but I would lose sleep parting out any Judge! Overall, neat find, and I hope it does get restored.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-12-2015, 05:44 PM

Location: Gastonia, NC - Born & raised in Connecticut - 31 years
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 368 Post(s)
Garage
Most likely not a Judge. Too many changes, hood pins, white painted scoops, mags, and green. You would have to verify it is a Judge through the PHS service, otherwise you may be getting something else and offering up hard cash only to learn it is a GTO as best, might make your future investment to bring the car back a big loss.

There is said to be an old man up in Wytheville, VA, you probably know the area I am talking about, who has a true '69 Judge and a few other cars that are readily visible from a back road up in the area - couple truck drivers have told me the same story over the years. They all said it is rotting into the ground and he will not sell it, he's going to fix it up. The drivers who told me of it say the car is in pretty rough shape being outside uncovered on the ground.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-15-2015, 05:21 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Some people have their reasons for not selling cars i guess. There was a gentleman around the corner from my aunt and uncle in Gallatin, had a 69 Z/28, black white stripes. Had less than hundred miles on it. My uncle finally stopped by, since the car hadn't moved in 10 years and made him an offer on it. Found out the guy had bought it for his son's return from Vietnam, it sat in the exact same spot i guess from the day he brought it home. It was sad to see the car waste away, but from his point of view... =(
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > The 1964-1974 Pontiac Tempest, Lemans & GTO > 1964-1974 Tempest, LeMans & GTO Projects, Barn Finds & Restoration Discussions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in