User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 04-28-2017, 05:30 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Garage
66 GTO Restoration Help Needed

Hello, my name is Dolby, I'm new to the forum. I just acquired a 66 GTO that has had a frame off restoration and a some of the work is pretty suspect. The person or company that did the restoration is unavailable to me and I'm having problems with some of the work that was done. So a little info about the car, 1966 Pontiac GTO 2 Door Hardtop, 389 V8 4 Speed Triple Black. Power Disc Brake Conversion, but otherwise pretty stock. I'm planning to get rid of the Edelbrock Carb and aluminum intake and install a Tri-Power set up, possibly a cam and a set of Cragar Super Sport wheels. I will be selling any parts that I pull off to help fund the project. Anyway, so I'm looking for a good source for the Tri-Power set up. I'm also looking to see if anyone has a Cragar Super Sport wheel in 15"x 8" that might be able to help out with some measurements. The wheels that are on the car are the Rallye I style, but whoever put them on installed wheel spacers on the rear axle to get clearance for the brake rotors and now the tires are rubbing the fenders in the rear even with air shocks. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > The 1964-1974 Pontiac Tempest, Lemans & GTO > 1964-1974 Tempest, LeMans & GTO Projects, Barn Finds & Restoration Discussions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in