User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 09-08-2014, 07:00 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
69 GTO restoration questions

Hey all,

I'm back with more questions: Looks like my car was "restored" in 1992. At that time it was color changed from brown/tan/gold to black and white.

They reused as much as possible to keep the cost down and it's time to replace it all again.

They used PUI, I'm using Legendary - Yes, Skeeter was his name.

Gold doors... and carpet...

Now on to my questions.

Door panels off... There was no vapor barrier so Im guessing that's why the current door panels look like they are swollen in places - they were getting wet at some point.

QUESTION 1: Did the doors actually come with vapor barriers?

QUESTION #2: I'm assuming since I have power windows there should have been a switch in the back seat areas?

Notice no hole for the rear window switch.

Question #3: I'm assuming the corrosion on the switch pins could make the rear window not work? (among other possibilities)

Question #4: is this the proper backing for the mirror adjustor on the drivers door? It looks like those tabs are supposed to go into slots.

and a parting shot, this is the aftermath of sitting on a disintegrated seat cushion - I'm assuming they were the original because I know the previous owner only drove tis car a few thousands miles and that little used can't do this...

Thanks for any and all replies, I appreciate it. Dan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > The 1964-1974 Pontiac Tempest, Lemans & GTO > 1964-1974 Tempest, LeMans & GTO Projects, Barn Finds & Restoration Discussions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in