User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-23-2015, 09:52 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
69 Spark plus wire looms

Hey all,

I recently installed new spark plug wires on my 69. A PO laid the wires in separators on the valve covers. Those separators damaged the finish on both valve covers so I bought new wire looms. They are too small for the new 8mm wires so I'll have to open the holders and reapply a rubber coating. Actually, I think the rubber on hem is too thick so I'll probably open the metal and use Plasti-dip...

My question is: Where do the wire looms mount on the heads? One of the POs discarded the old ones. I've looked on-lne and here to see if someone ever posted pictures of how/where they are mounted but I've not found any really good sources. The Restoration Guide says/shows "what" they are and how they were used but doesn't show where to mount them.

I bought a kit from one of the on-line restoration places but they have not schematic for mounting them. I received 6 brackets and only four bolts so I assume I need to use a couple bolts already in place or more than one brake is mounted with one bolt.

As always thanks in advance, Dan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-24-2015, 11:57 AM
Super Moderator

Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan woodland View Post
Hey all,

I recently installed new spark plug wires on my 69. A PO laid the wires in separators on the valve covers. Those separators damaged the finish on both valve covers so I bought new wire looms. They are too small for the new 8mm wires so I'll have to open the holders and reapply a rubber coating. Actually, I think the rubber on hem is too thick so I'll probably open the metal and use Plasti-dip...

My question is: Where do the wire looms mount on the heads? One of the POs discarded the old ones. I've looked on-lne and here to see if someone ever posted pictures of how/where they are mounted but I've not found any really good sources. The Restoration Guide says/shows "what" they are and how they were used but doesn't show where to mount them.

I bought a kit from one of the on-line restoration places but they have not schematic for mounting them. I received 6 brackets and only four bolts so I assume I need to use a couple bolts already in place or more than one brake is mounted with one bolt.

As always thanks in advance, Dan
They're like the '70, they don't mount on the heads they mount on the valve cover bolts, cept the rear one on driver side look at the pic. I had no issues with any sort of damage.

Click image for larger version

Name:	P1020165.JPG
Views:	178
Size:	715.3 KB
ID:	65393 Click image for larger version

Name:	P1020166.JPG
Views:	169
Size:	700.1 KB
ID:	65401

President: GTO Association of America
www.gtoaa.org

post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-24-2015, 12:26 PM Thread Starter

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Perfect! Thanks GTO JUDGE!!

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-24-2015, 12:59 PM
Super Moderator

Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Garage
Welcome

President: GTO Association of America
www.gtoaa.org

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > The 1964-1974 Pontiac Tempest, Lemans & GTO > 1964-1974 Tempest, LeMans & GTO Projects, Barn Finds & Restoration Discussions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in