User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-28-2011, 11:40 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Garage
Body mount questions

Hello everyone...new here but not to Pontiacs. I've owned a 69 Custom S for 30+ years - its the car I learned how to drive with. Now that my kids are grown, its time to put "Her" back together and I'm not against making some "upgrades". Does anyone know if there are polyurethane body mounts available for the 69 Pontiac A-body? I've seen them on the net for Chevelle, but the company tells me that they are different - any thoughts? Also - would there be any benefit to add the other mounts that the convertibles used - or would that just be overkill? Any help would be appreciated - Thanks...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-28-2011, 12:08 PM
Former Moderator

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Yep. I bought my mounts for my '68 from Performance Years. I'm sure others carry them too like Ames. I believe PST carries poly-graphite mounts. The graphite is supposed to eliminate squeeking. Although, with my polys, I've never had that problem. I just cranked the bolts down good. Replace those too if your current ones are original. Can't comment about the convertible mounts...

SOLD.....
462ci, 4spd
Performer Intake, Mild Cam
Pertronix Ignitor III
Accel Super Coil, Accel 8.8mm Wires
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-28-2011, 02:46 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Garage
pst or year one and other gto parts vendor should carry them

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-28-2011, 08:15 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Garage
I just bought a set thru Street Rod Garage......energy suspension brand (they don't sell direct)...I'd use them, and some nice stainless bolts. AMES also sells a complete set(very nice) of stock rubber ones WITH bolts washers, etc.....

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > The 1964-1974 Pontiac Tempest, Lemans & GTO > 1964-1974 Tempest, LeMans & GTO Projects, Barn Finds & Restoration Discussions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in