correct colour - Pontiac GTO Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-22-2013, 05:02 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
correct colour

Can someone help me with some pics of a 69 palladium silver gto. I can find lots of pics of silver gtos but I don't know if they are the correct silver. I cant make up my mind the original palladium silver or go with the colour I always wanted witch is white. Any input on this would be great.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-22-2013, 05:25 PM
Former Moderator

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Garage
69 GTO's look killer in Paladium Silver. Especially with the black vinyl top. Look here for some pics - UltimateGTO.com Dream Car

And if the stock color bores you consider "updating" it with a late model color that is similar and has more metallic or pearl in it.

Ultimately, and I've said it many times, it is your car and do what you want. It is a 69 GTO after all so in either color it will look Awsome!
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-22-2013, 07:16 PM

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
the judges look especially nice in it with the rainbow stripes. I did like Alky said and found a near perfect color match to the original barrier blue in a 90's GM color that has a very fine flake in it for a little POP...called Bahama Blue Metallic. Funny i was hell bent on red or burgundy when i started the project, never been a blue car guy. Every time i saw the pristine original paint on the inside deck lid i leaned a little more toward the original color felt like the car picked the color more than i did. Silver and white have always been two of the most popular colors on cars in general but there are still 100's of variants of each

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-23-2013, 01:09 PM Thread Starter

Thanks alky there is some beautiful cars on there but I would like to know if they are the correct colour or they did just what you suggested and changed it a bit. My car came with a black vinyl roof but I am not butting it back on.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-23-2013, 05:38 PM
Former Moderator

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 75tntrv View Post
Thanks alky there is some beautiful cars on there but I would like to know if they are the correct colour or they did just what you suggested and changed it a bit. My car came with a black vinyl roof but I am not butting it back on.
Why not?? IMO a silver car looks absolutely killer with the black vinyl top. Just sayin.......

Look at this car, owned by member Jtwoods4, it is one of my favorite 69's on this forum.

https://www.gtoforum.com/photopost/sh...0/ppuser/19870
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-23-2013, 06:42 PM Thread Starter

That is a sharp car I like the stance on it to. I just cant afford the roof right now. maybe down the road I will but one on. Do you know if that is the correct colour ? If it is that's what I will go with.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > The 1964-1974 Pontiac Tempest, Lemans & GTO > 1964-1974 Tempest, LeMans & GTO Projects, Barn Finds & Restoration Discussions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in