User Tag List
dan woodland, Nightshade 68 HO

75Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #761 of 763 (permalink) Old 07-25-2019, 09:42 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Reinstalled the vacuum canister... I hammered the mounting holes flat in and effort, hopefully, to make the mounting tighter in the car to eliminate movement/noise. I didn't hammer the mounting tab flat, just the hole that the bolt had "torn" in the tab.

So far so good, it is VERY tight on the fender liner now. The paint job looks nice with it tucked a way in its home.

I spent an hour or so looking for rattles and such. I found the driver side fender bolts on the drivers a-pillar and near the firewall under the hood loose. That stopped an annoying fender rattle on our rough Ohio roads. I also found some smaller bolts and screws loose under the hood. While under there I did some housekeeping - detailing under the hood.

Also found the center caps of my wheels are loosening up again... When I burn off more rubber and need a rebalance I'll rework the center caps.

I tested the brake fluid, it looks pretty good for the amount of use to this point. I'll most likely re-bleed the entire system later this summer.

The search continues for screws/bolts for here... I might quit screwing around with one off fixes and buy a master hardware kit... probably save money in the long run. I have a number of "wrong" hardware bits on my rig.

Attachment 120541

Also found the grommet for the fuel tank vent has fallen apart, inserted a temporary grommet so the tubes don't bang until I get a replacement.

*67K miles... Under Construction* :)

Last edited by dan woodland; 09-13-2019 at 06:49 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #762 of 763 (permalink) Old 07-25-2019, 08:45 PM Thread Starter

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Went to NPD today... ordered 69 GTO with Hideaway headlights body hardware kit... brought me a 68 kit and insisted it was correct because I needed a 68 kit when I clearly saw him right down a 69, which I ordered... then they brought me a 69 w/o hideaway headlights kit, then they brought out the right kit then proceeded to argue about who's fault it was that the boxes were miss-marked and who they were going to blame instead of taking care of the customer who had been quietly waiting for almost 30 minutes for this soap opera to unfold. I left empty handed after I heard them say, "let's just swap stickers".... who knows which kit I would have ended up with, what a joke. I called Ames and had a kit ordered for pick up next weekend at the Pontiac Nationals in less than five minutes!!

Still not missing this...
Attachment 120543

Lookin forward to some racing in a week... I know, wrong manufacturer but you get the idea!
Attachment 120545

*67K miles... Under Construction* :)

Last edited by dan woodland; 09-13-2019 at 06:49 PM.
post #763 of 763 (permalink) Old 07-26-2019, 08:37 PM

Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Garage
Nats

Hope to meet you face to face this year Dan. I know you have a lot of followers in this forum. Anyone else going to Norwalk?

DK

<)))>><

"Pray as though everything depended on God. Work as though everything depended on you." - Saint Augustine
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > The 1964-1974 Pontiac Tempest, Lemans & GTO > 1964-1974 Tempest, LeMans & GTO Projects, Barn Finds & Restoration Discussions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in