Fuel and Brake line routing on 66 Convert - Pontiac GTO Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-28-2012, 09:22 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Fuel and Brake line routing on 66 Convert

I am getting ready to put the body on the restored frame and remember someone saying the 1 pc fuel and? brake lines need to go in/on first.
I know I saw pictures of this somewhere but cant find them now. Can someone post pictures of these for me please? 66 Convert no a/c single fuel line.

Thanks,
Hank
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-29-2012, 10:42 AM
Super Moderator

Quoted: 122 Post(s)
Garage
Oh yeah, it's way easier to do that job with the body off - for sure. The lines go up and over the top of the rear cross member, next to the coil spring pocket, between the cross member and the body. From there towards the front of the car, they tuck inside the drivers side frame rail, kick out to go around a plate on the frame that's about halfway between the wheels, then tuck back inside the frame --- oh wait, you've got a convertible --- fully boxed frame? Then they probably just run along the inside of the drivers side rail from back to front, secured to it with clips along the way. The brake line connects to the distribution block on the inside of the frame rail in the engine compartment (on a 69 at least), and the fuel line goes into a hole in the bend of the frame there and comes out through a slotted hole on the front side of the front crossmember. There's a flexible line/hose connection from there to the fuel pump.

Bear

BearGFR
Springtown, TEXAS
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-29-2012, 07:07 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks! That job is done. Frame on and bolted down, 1 pc trunk welded in and now on to the quarters and wheel wells.
Between the rockers and floors and braces and cowls and trunk I have welded up a whole new car! Especially after the quarters go on. Need to refill the Argon bottle and am on my 3rd roll of .30 wire in the mig.
Thanks to all who post pictures of their restoration and who take the time to answer my stupid questions, without using them to find the will to continue I would not have made it this far.

Thanks,
Hank
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > The 1964-1974 Pontiac Tempest, Lemans & GTO > 1964-1974 Tempest, LeMans & GTO Projects, Barn Finds & Restoration Discussions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in