Pontiac GTO Forum banner

Got the 67 GTO Home!

5K views 35 replies 17 participants last post by  ALKYGTO 
#1 ·
Frank the Body Man delivered my car this evening...it is so perfect, I'm afraid to touch it! I gotta figure out how to get some GOOD photos. They don't come out that well in the garage...Here are a couple anyway!:party:

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Thanks Gents, The plan is....install the engine and tranny. Install wiring, steering, brakes, etc. Then back to Body shop for front end install and "Hood customization".......then upholstery....then glass...and wheels/tires. Then imediately onto the street to flame broil said tires! :eek: :D

#7 ·
Crusty, Black paint...Red interior.... we are in the middle of our 1st snow of the season so I can't go outside for pics....THANKS!!!!! Eric
JUDGE,:party::cheers:D
The wife asked me if I wanted her to set up my sleeping bag in the car last night!....a very understanding woman!!

#16 ·
Gter, love your car, you could do it over and still not have that paint. That is what big bucks buys and is an incredible paint job, especially without a wetsand and buff. My body guys just recleared my car to make it awesome, showed up it had soo much trash in it I was like WTF.. It will sand out, but to get a paint job like his, those guys are awesome, very profesional.
Eric, have fun adding undercoating to the rear wheel wells, just put a heavy wax coat on the quarters so the rubber will wipe off. :cheers

#25 ·
It's a blast...our hands barely get dirty. It sux though, when things dont fit...(70% of the time)....Like the brake rotors. They didn't seat against the axle flange. the 1/2" wheel studs are threaded till about the last 1/8" (pressed in)..the rotors slid down the threaded part but not over the base of the studs. One 9/16 drill bit, a drill press, and 20 holes later.....no problem! But I ain't complaining, just sayin' !! :cheers Eric

#29 ·
Rukee, The car will have Vintage Air which mounts inside under the dash. Spanky, Not sure...it looks so "pure black"....but A red pinstripe would bring out the body line!!?? Old Goat....YEP! Putting it together is a blast, but I am ready to DRIVE ! Thanks, Eric :cheers

#30 ·
Drooooooollllll!!!!!....the attention to detail is amazing Eric, that car when done would be just as at home on a mirrored disk at Autorama as it will be prowling the streets and giving people whiplash trying to get a glimpse of you flying by. Its amazing when your vision becomes a reality....very well done E

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.