We are still working on the "Hybrid", though summertime puts a slowdown on things. Heat, humidity, vacation, etc. Finished the Trans and driveshaft tunnel, tried to find headers to fit the engine/chassis, finally got a set to work. The Vette LT1 has angle plugs and D Port heads, so header selection is very limited. Now I can design the steering linkage, to go with the Vette rack, and Flaming River steering column.
We also did some more fab/welding on the floor pans to fit the chassis, and got the owner to decide on exhaust. Going with the Vette type exhaust would have been cool, esp. with the 2 x 2 tailpipe extensions out back. But limited underfloor space, and the owner's desire to choose a custom design, led us to decide on putting functional side pipes on the car. I've got it all figured out, and we need to order a bunch of SS tubing, and mandrel bends.
Also had a chance to reinforce the chassis with a couple more crossmembers.
The biggest step forward was to get the tail lights in the car. We had already hammerformed the tail panel in 2 sections, so I just had to bend some flanged in them, straighten them out a bit, make tabs to hold the buckets, figure spacing, and weld them in. Had to make some small filler pieces at the bottom of the panel to quarter area.
Here's the stuff that will freak out the GTO purists.