I've been in and out of the hospital since last September and have accomplished diddly squat. I recently painted my garage floor which required me to completely empty the garage. I was able to organize my tools, and have cleared up enough room to actually do some work. The picture in my first post is not my garage. That's the day I picked it up from the original owner.
I removed the fuel tank, and cleaned it inside and out. I painted it with Eastwood tank tone paint. The tank and sending unit are in great condition. I replaced the fuel sock, seal, and retainer clip on the sending unit. I also bought new rubber fuel lines. I'll install the fuel tank on the 4th of July in between burgers.
I replaced the transmission cooler lines. I thought it would be less than an hour, but I was only off by 500 percent... I just cut the upper line close enough to get a socket on it to remove it. I cut an old wrench in half to allow me to get the new line reattached. I will invest in some line wrenches if I live long enough to ever replace them again. The upper line is connected to the passenger side of the radiator. I'm curious if it even matters if the lines were reversed.
I'm waiting on the correct radiator insulators, before I button up the radiator. I ordered the wrong insulators because I was told the original 3 row radiator was converted to a 4 row, and the tanks were reused. My garage was such a mess, I didn't want to take an hour to dig it out for a measurement. I'm thinking it was always a 4 row. I bought new radiator hoses, clamps, and inner spring.
I purchased the P168 A/C seal kit ($39) & the P168DK A/C seal fastener kit ($73) from Ames. So far, I've only worked on the baffles to the left & right of the radiator. I thought the fasteners were defective, but I was told there were installation notes. The two arms on the fastener are stuck together from being painted. The arms should be separated slightly, probably with a small screw driver and needle nose pliers. And be sure to not press them in at an angle. I had one of the arms snap off of three of them when I pressed them in. They can be purchased individually (P168DC). I'll work on the remaining baffles in a few weeks.
I purchased a Mobile 1 oil filter, Rotella 15w-45 motor oil (non-synthetic), Valvoline Max Life Dex/Merc automatic transmission fluid (synthetic), and Prestone Dex Cool coolant. I'll replace the ATF on the 4th of July as well.